TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Bella579 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Isabella

Question Depression - October 11th 2012, 12:37 AM

I'm just really confused. I keep putting up a front that I'm happy with my new job plus im a college student. i seem like I have everything going for me. But I don't. My job is ok but deep down I hate it. everyones rude to me and I hate working around food. I dont drive and my coworkers dont respect that. I dont think I can manage working and being a full time student but my friend is calling me annoying because I only work two days a week and she says I can do it. but I dont think I can. I dont know how much longer I can pretend everything is ok.

I dont know if what i have is depression because I'm not sad all the time. I get really happy and then something triggers me, it could be something as small as a song or a hello, but it puts me in a deep place. my tylenol doesnt get rid of the headaches anymore and I just dont know what to do.

This is probably so childish to post on here, especially with all the other problems people have on here but I just needed to vent a little.

Last edited by Palmolive; October 11th 2012 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Depression - October 11th 2012, 09:26 AM

Hi there,

I'm glad you posted here for some help! We can't tell you whether you have depression or not because we're not medically trained. It sounds to me like you're just going through a bit of a rough phase and are under a lot of stress and since you have a job as well as being a full time student, I can understand that and think it's quite normal.

If you don't feel you can handle the job then give it up. And don't worry about what anyone else says because this is about you. This isn't about anyone else at all. And while their thoughts may mean something to you because you're close with them, you have to think about what is best for you and your health. I don't think I would have been able to hold a part time job while I was a full time student. It must be exhausting for you and if it's making you ill and you're not enjoying it, there's no point to it.

Although it doesn't feel like it to you, which I understand, you do have a lot going for you. Things are hard now, yes, but they won't always be this way when you make changes. You have your whole future ahead of you. And while some people are in their 50's and wishing they did so many things when they were younger, you still have the opportunity. Once you leave college, you'll have qualifications to go into further education and you can become qualified for a job you actually want to do. Have you thought about your future career? To me, what you're doing now is a job. Something we need for money and to make a living. What you want to do in the future should be a career, not just a job. You know, something your really want to do and something you're passionate about.

If there is anything you ever want to talk to us about know that you're more than welcome to do so. I know its hard now but keep your chin up and do what's best for you and you'll get there.

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread