TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Post About me - April 7th 2014, 01:14 AM

im a 15 year old suicidal guy. ive tryed 13 times to take my life. at the age of 8 i was sexual abused (touched). i am paranoid off my ass. and i hav huge trust issues. i self harm to the point where i almost got sent to a hospital. i got told if i self harm any more theyre sending me. i always hav the erg. My friends call me a doll. I hav no feelings or emotions. i havnt felt loved in a long time. im also bulimic. and im fat. i am a master of mask. PLEASE SOMEBODY TALK TO ME

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: About me - April 7th 2014, 01:27 AM

Hey there,

I am so sorry to hear about everything that you are going through right now but it is so amazing that you were able to come here and reach out about it. You should be proud of that!

I know you said that if you self harm anymore, they are sending you to a hospital, but think of it this way: Your safety is important and you DESERVE support. The people who say that they are sending you to a hospital must care about you and your well being if they want to do something like that to get you help! I know you may not want to, but definitely talk to a professional about some of the things you are going through such as the sexual abuse, suicidal thoughts, and the eating disorder. I know you may not want to because it can be hard to trust people, but someone CAN help you go through everything that you are going through and get to a better place. They can help you cope. And it can just help to have things off your chest. This is a link to a list of people who can help you. If you explain at least some of what is going on, they can help.

This is a link to a list of hotlines. They can also help you work through some of what is going on.

If you ever feel as if you are in danger of suicide or serious self harm, please call one of those hotlines, tell an adult, or go to your local emergency department. Your safety is very important, remember that!

This is a link to a list of reasons to live. Sometimes you have to live for the small things and let them build up, because a big thing is coming your way. The bad WON'T last forever. You have things to do and places to go, people to meet and goals to complete. Don't give that all up now.

This is a link to alternatives to self harm. I know you may feel as if self harm can help, but it really doesn't. These are healthier, safer ways to cope so you won't have to worry about going to deep or people finding out. The problems you are going through right now are coming back because self harm DOESN'T solve them.

Also, if you are truly overweight, the way to go is diet and exercise, not bulimia. It is important to eat three healthy meals per day in order to stay healthy and allow your body to have the energy to get through the day. If you are unsure what is healthy for you, you can speak to a doctor or nutritionist and get on an appropriate diet and exercise plan.

Try and find ways to express your emotions such as writing, art, music, or even exercise. That way, not everything is pent up inside of you anymore. It will be let out. Write down or print out encouraging quotes or pictures as a reminder that you can get through this.

You CAN do this.

-Dez

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MadeToLive Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Liv

Re: About me - April 7th 2014, 01:33 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that you have had such a difficult time. That sounds so incredibly hard, and i'm so very sorry. But I know for a fact your strong enough to live the life you were given. Stay strong, you CAN do it.

be who you are, not what the world wants you to be.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: About me - April 7th 2014, 01:37 AM

Im on medication and i have talked to pros and they said as long as im stable they cant do much. But wait and see if things get worse.

Closed Thread