TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Not again :( - April 11th 2015, 10:55 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I had stopped cutting but now I have started again. I feel so ashamed of myself and I can't talk to family or friends about it as some of them are the cause of the stress. Its so hard to handle things at the moment because of people hurting and betraying me. I feel like I will never be able to stop self harming. They make me feel like I belong in the circus, they make me feel worthless and that I don't deserve to live. Maybe it would be just be best if I slashed my wrists, they wouldn't care or miss me.

I don't see why they can't just leave me alone and just let me live my life but they just have to ruin things when I get my life back on track and then I go back downhill again.
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Not again :( - April 12th 2015, 12:18 AM

Hi there.

Firstly I want to say that it's great you had stopped self harming. I'm an honest believer that if you've done it before, you can do it again so that gives me a lot of hope and faith in you.

There is absolutely no need to feel ashamed of yourself what so ever. Unfortunately relapses sometimes happen and there's not a lot we can do about it but to me it seems like you might be able to take some steps forwards to help get you out of this. Either way you're strong enough to beat this again. Like I said you've done it before so you can do it again.

Only some of them are the cause of the stress so have you thought about talking to the friends and family who aren't the cause of the stress. Also it seems like it may be a good idea to speak to the people who are causing you stress and explain the situation to them and how its making you feel. It may even be that they don't know how its hurting and upsetting you.

You CAN stop self harm. At the end of the day you're in control of your actions. Sooner or later when you feel you are ready, you will feel able to stop self harming; that time will come. Until then, talk to people, write things down, hit a pillow, anything to get what you feel out in a safe way. This isn't going to be an easy fight but you can do it and I believe in you so keep at it, okay and remember we're always here for you.

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Re: Not again :( - April 12th 2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
Hi there.

Firstly I want to say that it's great you had stopped self harming. I'm an honest believer that if you've done it before, you can do it again so that gives me a lot of hope and faith in you.

There is absolutely no need to feel ashamed of yourself what so ever. Unfortunately relapses sometimes happen and there's not a lot we can do about it but to me it seems like you might be able to take some steps forwards to help get you out of this. Either way you're strong enough to beat this again. Like I said you've done it before so you can do it again.

Only some of them are the cause of the stress so have you thought about talking to the friends and family who aren't the cause of the stress. Also it seems like it may be a good idea to speak to the people who are causing you stress and explain the situation to them and how its making you feel. It may even be that they don't know how its hurting and upsetting you.

You CAN stop self harm. At the end of the day you're in control of your actions. Sooner or later when you feel you are ready, you will feel able to stop self harming; that time will come. Until then, talk to people, write things down, hit a pillow, anything to get what you feel out in a safe way. This isn't going to be an easy fight but you can do it and I believe in you so keep at it, okay and remember we're always here for you.

Jessie
Hi Jessie.
I don't trust any of my family and friends because when I do they just seem to talk behind my back and they seem to think I won't find out about it when I always do. I am so depressed about it all right now. I don't know who I can talk to about anything. Don't even know if I can trust my own dad anymore. I love my family so much but I don't feel like they don't love me. My own mum said it was a mistake to have even let me be born.
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Not again :( - April 12th 2015, 06:32 PM

Hi there,

Like Jessie, I believe that you can do this again because you've done it before. Going free before means that you are strong and you most definitely are capable of doing it again. You shouldn't be ashamed of relapsing; it happens to the best of us sometimes and I like to think that it's part of recovery. Recovery is a process, not perfection. You said your friends and family are a big cause of the stress you're experiencing, so I suggest avoiding them and removing yourself from situations that you find triggering when possible. If your friends are toxic, perhaps you can end the friendships and try to make new ones. Consider calling a hotline so you have someone to talk through things with.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

Closed Thread