TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
NateT Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: nate

My friend found out (unintentionally) - May 9th 2015, 09:44 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Today at school during lunch, I was playing a card game with my friend. I had borrowed a deck from someone (not my friend) and was reaching across the desk to hand it back to him. The other person didn't see, but my friend saw . He asked me to show him my wrist, but I just wanted to leave. My heart was pounding and I was freaking out. I was hiding this, of course, and I was trying to change the subject. I haven't since talked to him about this and have been avoiding him since. I don't think he'll tell anyone, but I'm just scared that he will. I don't know what he thinks of me now, and I don't want to deal with it. I'm really nervous and I don't want to go to school Monday, or any day for that matter. I think if I do go, I'll just avoid him entirely (as much as I can) or just be around when other friends are with. We had last period together today and when our other friend was around, he was acting normal, but I still felt like something was off with him. Either he was disgusted or confused; I don't know and I'm freaking out. I don't know what to do, and I know he looks down on SH, which is the main reason I'm worried. Hopefully, he'll just not be my friend anymore and not tell anyone, or, I don't know. I hope he'll just forget.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: My friend found out (unintentionally) - May 9th 2015, 09:45 PM

Hi there.

Looking from your situation from the outside, I'd encourage you to talk to your friend about all of this. At the end of the day this is your friend.Friends don't judge and friends are supportive. He clearly already knows about the self harming because he's seen it so talking about it isn't going to make much of a difference apart from the big fact that it could save your relationship with him which would be a really nice thing. And if he responds badly, give him time. Its hard to find out that someone you care about is going through this kind of thing and then after you have given him time, if he still isn't acting right with you or if he does judge you for it then it proves he isn't a real friend and then I would say move on from him but it would be really good if you self harming, didn't wreck you relationship with your friend, you know what I mean?

I hope this helps a little. Its just my opinion. Take good care of yourself and remember we're here for you if you want help with the self harming.
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Theaweseomrguy Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jake

Re: My friend found out (unintentionally) - May 9th 2015, 09:46 PM

It's alright to be scared but, avoiding him is going to just make you feel more anxious. I think you should maybe go to him and talk to him about it. Many people look down on SH but that can be because it's scary to know that someone you care about is hurting themselves. You really should try to go and talk to him as soon as possible even though your anxious and afraid he will tell others. He still is your friend and you deserve to know that you can trust him.

If you ever need to talk to someone you can PM/VM also you can email me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: My friend found out (unintentionally) - May 10th 2015, 12:41 AM

I don't think you should avoid him and I would encourage you to speak with him about this, because as the above poster said, he is your friend. You may actually find that having someone to confide in and help you to be a great thing. Best wishes.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
NateT Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My friend found out (unintentionally) - May 11th 2015, 06:29 AM

Thank you guys for the replies. Well, tomorrow is Monday; I'll tell you guys what happens (if I even end up going). I'm scared and disconnected; falling deeper. I appreciate the help, guys. I'll try to talk with/confront him tomorrow, but I feel I'm just going to be evasive. thanks, again

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Bluetears Offline
Blue
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: My friend found out (unintentionally) - May 11th 2015, 06:43 AM

If you aren't comfortable with talking to him face to face, maybe you could leave him a note and leave it on or un his desk?

"Remember your loved and you always will be. This melody will bring you right back home." - Linkin park, The messenger. Stay strong everyone!! You are always strong enough to get through whatever life throws your way, no matter how hard it may seem.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
NateT Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My friend found out (unintentionally) - May 11th 2015, 10:00 AM

This whole thing has kind of been keeping me up and I'm worried whether he told anyone or not. I just keep having recurring thoughts about the look on his face; it was like he didn't even know me anymore. I'm ashamed and want to stop, but I just keep having thoughts. It's been a couple days, at least, but I've been trying hard to distract myself. Thank you, Crystal.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
NateT Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My friend found out (unintentionally) - May 13th 2015, 05:26 AM

I've been kind of avoiding it, and so has he and today, he said something that really doesn't make me ever want to talk about it to him. He said, "Sometimes, I go onto random cutting tumblr blogs and post mean shit like 'F*** you; go die.' " This really has discouraged me from wanting to talk about it with him and I think he's forgotten about it anyways. He's not a nice person I guess.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Bluetears Offline
Blue
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My friend found out (unintentionally) - May 13th 2015, 05:33 AM

I'm sorry he did that to you. He really isn't someone you want to hang around then, you don't need more negative energy Is there anyone IRL you can talk to about all this? I've found speaking face to face releases a lot of stress. Or maybe you can keep a journal? That helps me sometimes

"Remember your loved and you always will be. This melody will bring you right back home." - Linkin park, The messenger. Stay strong everyone!! You are always strong enough to get through whatever life throws your way, no matter how hard it may seem.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
NateT Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My friend found out (unintentionally) - May 13th 2015, 05:51 AM

I don't really have anyone in my life to talk with about this kind of stuff. Yea, I've been kind of limiting my contact with him anyways. Two of my other friends are great people, but I don't think I would feel comfortable talking with them as I don't want to bring them down or I don't want them thinking down on me/pestering me about it. What is a journal used for; what would i write in it. I've been thinking about starting one for a while and just keeping it on my computer as that's what I do with dreams, but I don't know. Thanks for your input, though

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Bluetears Offline
Blue
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My friend found out (unintentionally) - May 13th 2015, 07:11 AM

I use a journal to write how I'm feeling at the end of the day, what happened during the day, and what triggers me into wanting to hurt myself. Tell who you feel most comfortable with telling, okay? Don't push yourself into doing something you are uncomfortable with

Closed Thread