TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Reverze Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Mean people/person - January 18th 2009, 10:08 AM

-TO MODS: Not sure if this goes here, but if it doesnt, can you move pls ? <3 -

Sooo..... I was wondering... (this is my question i guess) Am I overreacting ?

So heres whats happend, thees this online chat/game thing, and theres this guy i got talking to, he was feeling a bit suicidal so I talked him out of it.
Said I had done suicide attempts before, such as i've slit my wrists where i was layin on floor bleeding twice.. and some other attempt too, so i tried 3x wen i was younger.. anyway so i talked him out of it...

So.. month later or so,.. he did a scam on someone on that game, so I got mad cus i hate people who scam innocent people.

So anyway, suddenly, in this , what i guess u could call chat-room, there was like 25 people, and he went: " ..(my username here).. CUT HIS WRISTS AND WAS ON FLOOR BLEEDING HAHA WAT A NOOB "

That had really really really upset me ( & i obv. went cutting again etc).

But now, he wont leave me alone, he keeps trying to contact me asking for forgiveness, saying he was just very mad then..

But am I overreacting when Im saying I never wanna talk to him or see him again after he shouted that to everyone in that room

Its like he doesnt seem to get it, i told him so many times i want nothing todo with him anymore but he keeps trying to contact me asking forgiveness.

Like last week he showed up again and was like ''you're my hero, i owe you my life, because you stopped me from suicide''

But im still so upset/mad about what he did.

Am i overreacting ?

(sorry if wrong section)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
aloharocker Offline
writer
Average Joe

Name: Steffani

Re: Mean people/person - January 18th 2009, 10:12 AM

I don't think you're overreacting at all. What he said/did was extremely rude and insensitive. There's no excuse for saying something like that, and if you were to forgive him, what's to stop him from doing it again?

Do your best to ignore it. He'll most likely get the message eventually.

If you need someone to talk to, my PM box is always open.

I've been a member of TeenHelp on and off since I was 16.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Mean people/person - January 18th 2009, 10:18 AM

I'm sorry that this person acted this way towards you, I can understand how horrible that must have been, and I don't think that you're overreacting at all. You confided in him, and he was very immature and highly insensitive to break that by telling people. If you still want to be friends with him or not is your decision. I think that the best thing that you could do would be to talk to him and tell him how you're feeling about the situation. I think that if you don't want anymore contact with him then you should just tell him that sternly. If it is possible, you could try and block him for a period, or even just ignore his emails. I do think that communication beforehand may be beneficial to both of you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Mean people/person - January 18th 2009, 10:32 AM

i don't think you're overreacting. you didn't even know him and owed him nothing, yet you spent your time trying to help him and he repays you like this. i'd say cut your ties with him, life is too short. don't deal with people who upset you if you don't have to.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Reverze Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Mean people/person - January 18th 2009, 10:39 AM

Thanks everyone <3

Yeah I don't want anything to do with him anymore. Some ppl are like ''al he did was shout something to just 25 ppl'' but they don't know how much it hurt me/upset me :'{

So i tried/am trying to ignore him but he keeps coming back every few weeks :{
Lately other friends have told me he started to contact them and asking them to tell me things, or to find out if im online etc. its freaking me out, its like stalking ;s

:{ hate him now

but thanks everyone for replying <33

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Mean people/person - January 18th 2009, 10:40 AM

I don't think you're over reacting. A similar situation happened in my school (not with me but with 2 other people) and the girl forgave this person who had said it but then the person went around saying it again. So even if you did forgive him he might end up doing it again because he thinks he can get away with it.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Mean people/person - January 18th 2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverze View Post
Thanks everyone <3

Yeah I don't want anything to do with him anymore. Some ppl are like ''al he did was shout something to just 25 ppl'' but they don't know how much it hurt me/upset me :'{

Lately other friends have told me he started to contact them and asking them to tell me things, or to find out if im online etc. its freaking me out, its like stalking ;s

isn't there any way you can block him from talking to you?

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Reverze Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Mean people/person - January 18th 2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxEllexx View Post
isn't there any way you can block him from talking to you?
The ''friends'' thing on that game etc, I removed him off it etc, but he kinda knows who my friends are or who else I know, and now hes starting to contact them.

Theres been 4 friends already who told me he came to them asking to check if Im online, what chat/room im at etc, hes not leaving me alone :{

I tried reporting him to the game-mods etc to ban him, but he i remember him saying he has 400+ different accounts on that game, so i got like 2/3 of them banned already but he keeps coming back on different accounts, and I just gave up on reporting him :'{

<3

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Mean people/person - January 18th 2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverze View Post
Thanks everyone <3

It can be a very upsetting thing, I realise that. These people obviously haven't been through it. If it was happening to them, then they may feel differently.
If this guy seriously wont leave you alone, try and block/delete him from everything. If you're unsure how to do that, you could enquire with the website involved. Tell your friends that you don't want to hear from him and then hopefully he'll get the message. Stalking is a really creepy thing. Tell him that what he's doing could be classed as harrassment and that the law can get involved with such things. He should get the message.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Claire Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Claire

Re: Mean people/person - January 18th 2009, 12:59 PM

This guy sounds horrible. No, your not overreacting at all! For him to do that after you were so good to him is just nasty. You deserve better friends than that and if I were you I wouldn't wast my time on someone so ungrateful and spiteful.

Tell him thats the end of it, he has no more chances. If he asks your friends about you, tel them to tell him the same thing. Hopefully he will get the message. He sounds like a creep, I hope you can get rid of him x x

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Reverze Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Mean people/person - January 18th 2009, 02:05 PM

Thanks everyone <3
Thanks for supporting me in this <3 :{ everytime i think back of what he did, i get upset, but i guess its better to talk about it then to keep it in me right ?

:{
<3

Closed Thread