TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kirstenyo Offline
Coolest kid around
Not a n00b

To Write Love on Her Arms.... - August 10th 2009, 07:10 AM

I love this organization and what they do.
however whenever i read about it, or see a shirt i end up getting triggered or can't stop thinking about self-harm,.

Anyone else like this?

plus i have this thing where i just can't stop watching//reading things that would trigger me. Its like a sign that says dont push the button,i can't help it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
whosthatgirl Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Joanie

Re: To Write Love on Her Arms.... - August 10th 2009, 07:24 AM

Yesturday I saw their booth at this christian music festival got an awesome cool shirt. But yeah I get what you mean by being triggered and can't stop thinking about self-harm. I keep watching these music videos that are like for TWLOHA and they really make me think about it. I guess we just got to fight the urge and not push the button. Try to stay away from stuff that makes us want to SI. At least try to.

Labyrinth <3
Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City

(#3 (permalink)) Old
kirstenyo Offline
Coolest kid around
Not a n00b

Re: To Write Love on Her Arms.... - August 10th 2009, 07:26 AM

yeah i wanted one of thier shirts, they were at warped tour here, yes we musy not push the buttons cause nothing good happens after buttons are pushed, things generally explode

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: To Write Love on Her Arms.... - August 10th 2009, 04:42 PM

It's not uncommon to hear that someone is triggered by TWLOHA, or to want to trigger yourself in some sense.

I personally have had trouble trying to stay away from looking up pro-self harm things online. But after so long I realized I was only hurting myself more. But you may have to wait until your heart and mind realize this before you can stop yourself.

Just work on Distractions and Alternatives [Thread is stickied at the top of the forum - if you can't find it, let me know. ] to not only keep yourself from self harming, but also from triggering yourself to a point that you can't stop yourself from self harming. Hopefully that makes sense!

As for TWLOHA shirts and so forth, try to remember that they're telling you NOT to self harm. That they care about you, a self harmer, it's amazing. I always enjoy LoveDrug's song "Everything starts where it ends". "Wake up, you're alive, we're on your side." I love that quote!

Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: To Write Love on Her Arms.... - August 10th 2009, 04:50 PM

As Gidig said, try to remember what they are trying to tell you, not what they are fighting against.
Read stories on their site as more of a support story, something that ends happily, not as telling you to self-harm. You never know, you may just have to look at things differently.
Another thing Gidig said, is to look at the Alternatives. I agree with this as well. It really helps.

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.
  Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: kaylyn

Re: To Write Love on Her Arms.... - August 11th 2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbroken4ever View Post
Yesturday I saw their booth at this christian music festival got an awesome cool shirt. But yeah I get what you mean by being triggered and can't stop thinking about self-harm. I keep watching these music videos that are like for TWLOHA and they really make me think about it. I guess we just got to fight the urge and not push the button. Try to stay away from stuff that makes us want to SI. At least try to.

What festival was that?

I'm wanting to get a TWLOHA booth at a local festival that happens every summer about 15 miles from my house... but I just don't know how to go about that.

I need you Jesus
To come to my rescue
Where else can I go?

el rescate no es un mito
  Send a message via AIM to rescueisnotamyth  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: To Write Love on Her Arms.... - August 12th 2009, 05:53 AM

I agree with what Gidig said. And, try using the alternatives to distract yourself whenever you get triggered; the alternatives can work really well.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#8 (permalink)) Old
whosthatgirl Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Joanie

Re: To Write Love on Her Arms.... - August 15th 2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescueisnotamyth View Post
What festival was that?

I'm wanting to get a TWLOHA booth at a local festival that happens every summer about 15 miles from my house... but I just don't know how to go about that.
it was the Unity Christian music festival in Muskegon, Michigan

Labyrinth <3
Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City

Closed Thread