TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hellokitty Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tamsdon Dove

Red face in the air - February 4th 2009, 06:28 PM

it feels like everyone is thrown in the air and im afraid of when its going to fall down. its up there for an indefinite ammount of time? things aren't fun. i told my psych teacher this LIE that my friend is cutting and he told me to tell her parents, and then he saw me today and smiled and i fluttered and then he said something like, talk tomorrow, okay? in or after class? and i nodded, but like... idk.
my grades are bad (im a perfectionist, and a D isn't fun), my social butterflyness is in the air, my hair needs a cut, and idk what im going to tell my psych teacher. i wanted to talk about it while maintiaining dignity and my person...i didnt want to feel vulnerable and I DONT want my parents to find out again. it will destroy. and i dont even know if i like it right now, and that makes me very afraid. i like it, i need it, i need to like it, and i like liking-it. i like to need it. i could go on because i talk so much.....BLAH.

oh, and is it weird that my "ninja" has like that star thing and the knife thing? and i post a lot in this forum? it wasn't intended.

--bring back the :rockon: smiley. please. thanks.

bring back the :rockon: smiley.
  Send a message via AIM to hellokitty Send a message via Yahoo to hellokitty  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: in the air - February 4th 2009, 07:04 PM

Hey-

Why don't you talk to him, tell him directly the truth. See how he can help, what your options are and so forth. You'll keep a lot more dignity if you just tell him, without him having to pressure you. I think there's some crazy thing with psychology teachers, because mine has always been able to read me extremely well, probably more than my therapist. Haha.

Tell him what you need, what your plans are for quitting, how you've been trying to quit (If you have). Tell him your concerns with people finding out again.

Also remember, that you don't need cutting, you just want it. You need water, you want self harm. Keep that in mind.

Everything will turn out okay, just reach out for help when you can.
Good luck!
Maria.

EDIT: Oh, also remember that you can add on to other threads you've made, even if they're a few days old, for like updates, asking for more information on the same subject and so forth.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
asyoulikeit Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Marissa

Re: in the air - February 4th 2009, 07:13 PM

Maria worded it really well, dear; you'll keep your dignity better if you don't beat around the bush/lie. You can survive without it, too. It just takes a hella lot of effort.

and your ninja is cute, not offensive

(#4 (permalink)) Old
hellokitty Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: in the air - February 4th 2009, 07:29 PM

thanks...im not beating around the bush, i really dont want him to know. i dont want this dark thing over me, and if its just me that knows, it's like a pink cloud over me....with sparkles. perverted, no? i feel like if i tell him its me...all dignity goes and im this....yeah, dark and twisty person.

(sorry i didnt notice how random i was in my thread...i talked about my hair needing a trim? wow.. )

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: in the air - February 4th 2009, 07:33 PM

I think you deserve to get help for this. It's a lot easier when other people know - people who understand and can honestly help you.

When you told him about your 'friend' cutting, what was his reaction? Did he seem like, he understood self-harm, or not so much? You can judge his reaction by that.

Think about what you may be missing by not telling him the truth. Think about, how he may be able to help. That maybe you could have tons of support in stopping, you could take the burden off yourself, and yourself only. It's nice to share sometimes, share to people who honestly care, you know?

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
hellokitty Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: in the air - February 4th 2009, 08:01 PM

idk, i think its harder no matter if you are trying to stop or not when ppl know that aren't friends who are doing it too
he understands i guess...he's young so probably lived through the "craze" and its psycology.
see, he told me that if it was one of his students, he'd call her parents. i've tried to share the burden before and i...no thanks.

Closed Thread