TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Aestai Offline
Average Joe

Name: Renee

Question Can't stop =/ - April 14th 2011, 04:03 AM

So i went a whole 3 months with out self harm. I was sooo sad and dissaptionted, but tried to stop again, then cut a few days later. Still very upset with myself I tried yet again to stop, and gave in after another 20 days. This time I didn't feel bad at all. Infact, I've cut several times since then and I still don't care. It's like I'm just falling back into being codependant on self harm. I'm even cutting out of boredum again, and it's only been a week. I just don't have the will to stop again =/ Any ideas on how to get it back??

"But all bubbles have a way of bursting or being deflated in the end." -Barry Gibb

http://aestia.deviantart.com/ <--- Please check out my art!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Re: Can't stop =/ - April 14th 2011, 11:51 AM

Renee,

It's really good to hear that you could refrain from SH for so long. And it's okay if you relapse once in a while, if you get back to not SHing yourself. But you need to understand that you're doing s good job so far.

Find alternatives. Do other things that make you happy. Happiness if the key to the release of any pain in you. If you do things for your happiness, the need to SH slowly disappears. I know it's easier said than done. But if you really want to get out of SH then your determination will help you get out of it. You just need to commit to yourself.

What I'd also suggest is throw away everything that you can use to SH. Get rid of the temptation. And second, talk to someone about it. That way, you can have someone keep an eye on you to make sure that you don't harm yourself and you can release some of your pain by talking about it.

You can stop if you want to. And that's the key word there. Want!
If you want to stop, you will. If you want to continue, you will. But it's your decision. I'm glad, though, that you posted. It shows your determination to stop, no matter how strong the addiction. Get out of the house and distract yourself. Paint, run around, dance, sing, whatever it is that you like doing. And keep telling yourself that you are perfect, beautiful, just the way you are. You have nothing to feel bad about. Or upset with. Want yourself to get better.

Take care of yourself! <3

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011

Send a message via MSN to Spirit. Send a message via Skype™ to Spirit. 
Closed Thread