TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Midnight Tears Offline
Dont give up not now not ever
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Korrina Jackie or KJ

ugh cant stop - May 25th 2011, 11:16 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

since i was nine as far as i could remeber i was cutting and now that im almost 17 i think its about time i change my was i been trying for weeks and i just cant and i have noone to push me even the people that dont know i cant help but go back to cutting i tell myself its ok next time i could do it but i mess up each freakin time and i cant stop i been SH for 7 yrs almost 8 i think its too long and i cant quit i just want it all to stop

live life like it is take it as you go

i may be a adnormal girl liveing an adnormal life but thats what makes me unique

im just a girl who dosent know where she is going

you ask whose my hero you as long as you dont give up on me im fine

its ok to cry get it all out

hun, I LOVE YOU TO DEATH SO DONT GO

im STONGER than you think im WEAKER than i seem so dont underestimate me

never give up on something you cant go a day without thinking about, do you think about life everyday

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: ugh cant stop - May 26th 2011, 10:31 AM

First of all think why you want to stop? because its harder to stop if its not for you. Also if you try putting ice on your skin (it hurts like crazy after a while) where you would normally cut or pinging elastic band where you would normally cut because doing that doesn't harm you but has a similar sensation. One thing I have tried in the past is when you have the urge to cut you say in five minutes I will allow myself to cut but when the five minutes are up (before you make a cut) you say in ten minutes I will cut, after ten minutes you say 15 mins and so on....it just helps to let the urge pass because sometimes you want to do it in the moment but you then might not want to do it later on. That one particularly helped me because I used to regret it so much after I had cut. Maybe keep a diary or write letters to your bad thoughts...or just call someone, you don't even need to talk about cutting but soemtimes just having someone there can be better than having no one. Pm me if you need anything or just wanna chat. I wish you the best of luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When your in danger or in harms way its no longer just your life, its everyone who you have seen, spoken to, met, shared experiences with because even if you don't think that they have had an influence on your life or made you realise something, you have probably influenced them. Your never the only one involved in your life.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BethGoesRawr Offline
JustBethReally
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Beth

Re: ugh cant stop - May 26th 2011, 02:17 PM

maybe occupy yourself with other things, think of why you cut yourself and write it down instead of cutting. drawing and poetry can help too. sometimes if you sing lol
there is looooooooads of things to do
try different things and find the right balance between them all.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Haley. :)

Re: ugh cant stop - May 26th 2011, 02:51 PM

I know this may sound corny but it helped me. You should try the butterfly project. The rules are;
1. When you feel like you want to cut, take a marker, pen, or sharpies and draw a butterfly on your arm or hand.
2. Name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really wants you to get better.
3. You must let the butterfly fade naturally. NO scrubbing it off.
4. If you cut before the butterfly is gone, you’ve killed it. If you dont cut, it lives.
5. If you have more than one butterfly, cutting kills all of them.
6. Another person may draw them on you. These butterflies are extra special. Take good care of them.
7. Even if you don’t cut, feel free to draw a butterfly anyways, to show your support. If you do this, name it after someone you know that cuts or is suffering right now, and tell them. It could help.
Hope I Helped.

Oh,these times are hard.
Yeah,they're making us crazy.
Don't give up on me baby.

"If you don't like the way I am, then don't come around me. If you don't like the way that I talk, then don't listen. If you don't like the way I dress, then don't look. But don't waste my time telling me about it. I don't care."

Cut free since 5/22/11
Suicidal thought free since 5/21/11

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Re: ugh cant stop - May 26th 2011, 03:04 PM

Hi Korrina,

Here's a thread you can check out. They are alternatives to SH.
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/t9418-alternatives-self-harm/

Distractions help. Doing things that you like to do, going out, having a good time with friends, being with people, planning, keeping yourself occupied, they are all options. Another thought/solution would be to see a therapist or counselor.
People SH because on some level, they have been hurt and know no other way to release the pain. Talking to someone who can help you through that pain and face what ever seems to be hurting will definitely help. You need to think of what you're trying to conquer. And more than anything, have faith in yourself and love yourself.

If you need to talk further, you can message me. Take care.

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011

Send a message via MSN to Spirit. Send a message via Skype™ to Spirit. 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
TheCrowing Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: ugh cant stop - May 26th 2011, 09:52 PM

Set a goal and keep it. Reward yourself with something you don't normally do or get every time you reach the goal.. So set a small goal. Maybe 1 week. At the end of the week, reward yourself. Then reach for an extra week or two. If you slip up, it's okay. Just reach for a greater goal each time.

I started with a goal of 1 week when I first thought of doing it. It helps. Each time you slip up, just tell yourself that you can go longer the next time, even if it's a day longer than the last goal. My goal is 1 year right now, and I can honestly say that I know for certain that I can do it. I struggled for 6 years before I came up with this plan, so I understand what it's like to want to stop with not much luck.

It might work for you too.

"Although only breath, words which I command are immortal." Sappho

"Sometimes I feel nothing at all. Sometimes I feel everything is my fault.
Sometimes I feel the hate break my mind. Sometimes I feel they deserve it this time.
May the bridges I burn light my way." - I, Alone - Otep

Closed Thread