TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Charlai Offline
Not a n00b

It's weird - August 16th 2011, 09:30 PM

i cut myself pretty often and well it doesn't really bother me as in who sees and who doesn't but when somebody else does it i feel hurt and i wonder why and i think of all kind of stuff and i want to help them blah blah blah and i tell them not to do it but i do it, that's like hypocritical right i don't get it.

Last edited by Palmolive; August 16th 2011 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.Jess. Offline
Previously xxjessxx
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: It's weird - August 16th 2011, 09:36 PM

Hey

I totally understand what you mean! When you see other people with self harm scars or cuts on them you wonder why they've done it, if their okay, if they've got any help. It's not hypocritical, it makes you a kind and caring person because you want to help someone who obviously isn't okay. You have personal experience of self harm so you know how it feels to be in the mind set where you need to do something to hurt yourself, you know how awful that is and it upsets you that you have to see someone else is going through that. Does that make sense?

Just to put it out there as well, if you want any help or support with your self harm issues just yell won't you? It's not a nice thought you doing it either, and knowing you hurt yourself makes me want to help you, so just think about it If you ever need anything just get in touch! Look after yourself and take care.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: cool.

Re: It's weird - August 17th 2011, 02:38 PM

Exactly what Jess said, it's completely normal and not hypocritical at all. This happened to me when I was recovering from self hurt. Because you have gone through it, and know what it is like- you connect with that person now. If you're friends with the person, maybe it is a place where you could step in and talk with them, respectfully telling them you are worried about them etc- and when or if they start bringing up the cutting then you can let them know they aren't alone, and you have been there before. & remind them they can get through it and they can get help. As for you, keep going at it. You're strong & if you ever need anything don't be afraid to reach out, you can always PM me. Keep your head up.

Closed Thread