TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Self Harm (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/)
-   -   Help (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/t95400-help/)

ZachTheCat February 19th 2012 09:33 PM

Help

I am 13 and really depressed and cutting my wrists i need some help beause i can't find out why i'm so stressed and depressed

ilovecountrymusic February 19th 2012 09:48 PM

Re: Help

Any of us here are willing to help, you can come into the chat room and join the Support & Advice room and talk things out there or ask if anyone can PM you. Or you can click on my name on this post and send me a private message through here if you would like to talk with me. <3

Kakorrhaphiophobia February 19th 2012 09:53 PM

Hi,

I first want to say welcome to TeenHelp and you came to the right place for advice. :)
I think you should try some alternative ways to cope with your cutting, TeenHelp has a really great list of alternatives here.
The list has been helpful to many people and although not everything on the list may work for you, some things should help.
Also, if you haven't already, I really encourage you to talk with your parents about getting help from a professional counselor or therapist.
They can help you work out why you cut and give you some really great ways of coping and learning how to control your feelings and deal with them.
You might try writing your parents a letter if you feel talking to them would be to difficult.
Also, if you cannot find anyone in your family to talk to and you really need someone, you can use a hotline.
They are free calls and you do not have to tell them your name.
I really hope this is helpful to you and that you can get help.
We are all here for you.
You can send me a PM or VM if you need someone to talk to.
Take care.

xxprincessxx February 20th 2012 01:47 AM

Hey,

I'm really glad that you came here to look for some help, that's a great first step! Are there any stressors in your life at the moment; problems at school, with friends or family? All of those and more could lead to depression. But sometimes we're just depressed and really don't know why, so that could be the case too! I think it would be great if you talked to an adult about this so that you could get help with the cutting! Maybe a teacher or school counselor?

Keep your head up! If you ever want to talk, I'm here for you!

ZachTheCat February 21st 2012 12:01 AM

Thanks for the advice but i don't want to tell any adults because i don't want to get sent to a mental hospitle like my bro..... It would crush my loveing gf and i don't want to let her down so please someone give me something else

xxprincessxx February 21st 2012 01:40 AM

Just because you cut does not mean that you would be sent to a mental hospital! Cutting is often times taken care of in outpatient therapy, as long as you're not trying to take your own life.

If you don't feel comfortable telling an adult about the cutting maybe trying asking about what would happen if you "hypothetically" knew about somebody who was cutting and needed help and asking about all of the questions that you are concerned with...this way they will not know that it's you and you can get some answers that you are looking for. Then if you feel comfortable enough, maybe let them know it's you?

ZachTheCat February 21st 2012 01:18 PM

I guess that would work..... but..... I have tried to take my life.

Kakorrhaphiophobia February 22nd 2012 07:54 PM

I agree with Sammi on this.
I did this to get myself some answers back in ninth grade. It was true that I had a friend cutting but I took what I was told for myself too.
It can be scary having to get help but as long as you are determined and go through whatever treatment you are given with the mind set that it can help you and you work at it honestly and truthfully (no lieing about amounts of SH or giving untrue answers for examples), you should be able to beat this.
We are all here for you whenever you need us.
You can send me a message if you ever need anything.

ZachTheCat February 22nd 2012 10:50 PM

Okay.... I'll try but........... I'm not good at lieing :'( so I'll post again with any resalts. Wish me luck!

ZachTheCat February 23rd 2012 11:44 PM

No resalts my mom just wanted to know who it was that was hurting themselves and wouldn't tell me anything.. I fucking hate her

xxprincessxx February 23rd 2012 11:47 PM

Hmm, maybe try asking a teacher or school counselor? They'd be more liable to tell you something!

ZachTheCat February 24th 2012 10:57 PM

I promised my girlfriend that i would talk to the school counselor About it on monday :'( I'm so scared that the counselor is going to be a total jerk and send me away :'( ............................. And! My girlfriend said that if they send me somewhere shes going to brake up with me :'( .. I hope all goes well.....

lauri February 24th 2012 11:06 PM

If you want to know why your stressed and depressed you have got to look at your life. When did you start cutting was it after a tramatic event if so then thats probably why your depressed. Is school going well or is it going bad that could be why you feel stressed. Did you start cutting after something scary or sad happened then thats probably why you started to cope with it. Im sorry your feeling so blue. Talk to your parents seriously I know lots of teens say no i dont want to tell them. I understand it can be imbarrsing telling your parents your depressed. But there your parents they want to know whats going on with there child they want to support you. You are not alone you have help its your parents you just got to open up to them and then you would have it. If you dont say your suicidal they wont send you to a mental hospital. Hugsss

ZachTheCat February 24th 2012 11:09 PM

I'm very blue today :'(

ZachTheCat February 24th 2012 11:17 PM

Well...................... School is really shitty...... And i got in a fight with one of my friends and stuff so that could be why... I really hope that talking to the counselor will help....

lauri February 25th 2012 12:02 AM

Talking to your parents will help too. Please try not to fight hurting some one is not the answer. Just walk away.

Riddikulus February 25th 2012 02:51 PM

Hey there,

I'm really sorry you're going through all this at the moment. I agree with the others that you should talk to someone you trust, whether is it a parent or another adult you trust, Somone that can help and support you through this and even get you some professional help.
They probably wouldn't send you to a mental hospital, that is usually the last resort and they would try counsellors and things first.
The alternatives thread is very useful, it will help to distract you while the urges fade. Not all of them may work for you, but keep trying and you WILL find one that does.

If you ever want/need to talk, feel free to PM me,

Take care,
Charli :)

The.adorable.1 February 25th 2012 03:45 PM

Talking too the counselor usually helps, but talking to a school counselor is like.....well.......talking too a school counselor. I've been in the same position. I didn't talk to my school counselor about my cutting till a teacher saw the cuts on my wrist and told my school counselor. It may be a bit different than what position your in now, but its the same in a way. She got me help and now i'm doing a lot better. So, you should DEFINITELY talk too your school counselor!

xxprincessxx February 25th 2012 05:02 PM

Don't be scared to talk to your school counselor they are there to help you get the help that you need. They won't turn you away or anything and they should be understanding! Trust me, you're probably not the first person who has went to them with these problems. Try not to be nervous, it will be good for you to get help! And like I said the only way they will "send you away" is if you are suicidal and that would only be for like a day or so...nothing to big. (:

Good luck! Let us know how it goes Monday!

ZachTheCat February 26th 2012 12:57 AM

Okay thanks for all the help guys :D

Kakorrhaphiophobia February 26th 2012 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fachan (Post 821338)
No resalts my mom just wanted to know who it was that was hurting themselves and wouldn't tell me anything.. I fucking hate her

Well, I am not sure how you explained it to her, but maybe you could bring it up again and tell her your friend wants you to tell them how to get help and that you want to be a great friend and help out but you really have no idea what to do and are worried about your friend's safety.

Could you write your mom a letter explaining that you self harm and that you want help?

ZachTheCat February 27th 2012 07:08 PM

I couldn't do it...... I was about to talk to the counselor but i chickened out...... Good news is that my girlfriend forgot that I was supposed to and wasn't bugging me about it so hopefuly it doesn't come up... I feel so bad that a let her down thought i don't know if i should talk to her and say sorry or just let it go and try again tommorow.... (I will proply just chicken out again but hell it's the thought that counts, right?)

lauri February 27th 2012 09:26 PM

yes keep trying if you really want to or you can always talk to your parents so they know whats going on with you. Talk to a teacher if you want.

xxprincessxx February 27th 2012 10:47 PM

Could you possibly write your school counselor an e-mail or a note stating that you want to talk to her and what you want to talk about?

ZachTheCat February 28th 2012 12:27 AM

I don't know............ I have trust problems and thats why i don't like talking to people......................... I can try though..

xxprincessxx February 28th 2012 12:32 AM

I know it's tough! I have major trust issues too! I think that you can do it though! Just try, it would be easier for you to send an e-mail and just make yourself press send, if that is a possibility! If you did that you could even have somebody send it for you (a friend that knows, your girlfriend, etc.)

ZachTheCat February 29th 2012 02:04 AM

My whole group of friends that know are going to go with me to the counsellors office with me in the morning.(I did this from my phone :D )

ZachTheCat February 29th 2012 06:08 PM

Never mind i spent today barfing my brains out. I guess i will have to try tommorow

lauri February 29th 2012 07:18 PM

Great job if your friends went with you thats very nice of them to support you like that.

ZachTheCat March 1st 2012 02:34 AM

Well. My Girlfriend broke up with me. Why?? Because she thought that I should take some time alone to get better and all that shit. She was helping so god damn much! I loved her! I still love her! it's driving me insane it's making me just want to fall down and die or cut my arms off or somthing! I've been cry for the past 4 hours and i really think this might be it :'( Someone help me please!!

lauri March 1st 2012 04:11 AM

Fachan you could have started a new post. Well maybe your girldriend was just caring about you seriously maybe she wants to see you get better. Thats a good thing that she cares enough about you to want you to get help.

Can you call up your girlfriend can you guys still be friends at least I hope you can be friends still. Give her a calll so she can support you and comfort you.

ZachTheCat March 1st 2012 05:23 PM

Well. She said we can still be friends but I don't know... I still love her and i don't know what to do about it.