TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I want to stop but i cant anymore :( - April 3rd 2012, 02:50 PM

Im a 15 year old boy and over the cause of the last year and a half i have been hurt time and time again for 3 girls and a man whores pleasure. Before this all started i said i would never cut but after all of this i resorted to it and in the 4 months i have been doing it i have done it over 350 times I tried to stop and i did well for 2 weeks and then one of the girls came back into my life and made me feel like crap and then one by one the girls came back into my life and made me feel so down that i cut 70+ times in 3 days. I want to stop because i can see it hurts the people i care about please if anyone can help, help me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: I want to stop but i cant anymore :( - April 3rd 2012, 07:45 PM

Hi there,

It sounds like things are really difficult at the minute, but you've taken the first step to getting help, and you should be proud. Also, the fact that you managed to stop cutting for 2 whole weeks is a MASSIVE thing, and by doing that you've proved how strong and willful you are. WELL DONE! I believe that you can do that again; I believe you can stop for 3 weeks, 4, 5....forever!

Don't feel bad for resorting to cutting. The important part is that you've recognized it isn't healthy, and have reached out to us. I'm going to send you a link to the alternatives thread, whenever you feel the urge to self harm, you should try one of these http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/. Not all of them will work for you, but it's all about finding a distraction that works, and sticking to it.

I'm also going to suggest you tell somebody. I know that isn't what you probably want to hear, but it's probably the best thing you can do. You don't deserve to go through this alone, and other people's support is invaluable. Is there a close friend or family member you could talk to? If you can't tell them face to face, how about writing a letter? It's always a good thing to have someone you can be completely honest with, as likely they'll be able to help you

But, just so you know, I'm always here if you need someone to rant to, complain to, shout at....or even just talk to And so are loads of other people on this site. You're never alone, we're always here. You've joined the TH family Good luck!

-Laura

Take as long as you need.

Last edited by Kindred; April 3rd 2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Because I can't spell when I'm sleepy ;)

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Re: I want to stop but i cant anymore :( - April 3rd 2012, 11:18 PM

Thank you so much Laura for replying and i had the urge 2 days ago to cut and i eventually did but i stopped during doing when i realized that my skin wasn't cutting or bleeding and it has given me a drive to try once more for my friends that have been by my side through all that has happened.

Since i am getting stuff of my chest on of the girls is the reason that in the summer holidays last year i had a bad mental breakdown where i was left shaking and crying for 2 and a half weeks, i have been a lot weaker mentally ever since so my mean cant take any form of bad news as it gives me that urge to cut once again.

Your suggestion to tell a friend i took on board quickly after i had started to cut but it never seemed to help as i saw how much it hurt them knowing i still cut on a nightly basis. I am slightly tatical and OCD so i figured out things like on average i had been doing at the most serious point 3 cuts a night which is scary.

I have to capitalize on this drive but it may be short lived as 2 of the 3 girls are 2 of my closest friends and the third was.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Re: I want to stop but i cant anymore :( - April 4th 2012, 09:55 AM

Hiya again

It's good that you realized what you were doing and stopped. It takes real strength

Again, I'm going to suggest you tell somebody. Therapy might be an option that might really help you, especially when you mention the mental breakdown. Medicine, and talking treatments can be really really effective, and can make you feel a lot better about both yourself, and your situation.

When you say it hurt your friends when you were cutting, have you ever thought of using that as motivation? I don't know if it will work for you, but my favorite method for not SHing was the butterfly project- where you draw a butterfly where you normally cut and name it after someone you love. It you cut the butterfly it dies, if it fades without cutting, you saved it! But, do look at the alternatives link I sent you and find your favorite.

You're right- it's good to make the most of this extra strength you have at the moment. But, even if that runs out, you'll always have us. Together we are stronger

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Smile Re: I want to stop but i cant anymore :( - April 4th 2012, 10:08 PM

I think i will adapt you method of not cutting to fit me because my head sees red pen lines because of how the ink drys on my skin as cuts and then forgets about cutting so im gonna keep a red pen on me at all times to fight the urge.

I've set myself a target of Monday the 16th to not cut then from there i will be back with my friends and they weaken the urge. Thank you for your help Laura

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Re: I want to stop but i cant anymore :( - April 4th 2012, 11:31 PM

Hey, anytime. Glad to be of help

Well done! You should be proud- I am It sounds like you have a pretty good plan, too.

If you ever need anything else, you know where I am. Good luck & stay strong!

Closed Thread