TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MusicMaker
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: May

Exclamation My First Butterflies and My Insomnia - April 19th 2012, 03:56 AM

I made it through my first set of Butterflies. I guess I can say I am proud of myself. One on both wrists thighs and my stomach. They have both completed faded without me harming them.
However, I still feel this emptiness now like I have to do it for it to go away. I think I'm at a point where I hurt myself in my sleep. I wake up with bruises and scratches all over myself. I think I am frustrated when I sleep. It has now been 3 days where I have been lucky to get 3 hours of sleep. I think I have insomnia and even when I do sleep I feel like I haven't slept at all. My friends have been noticing my sleepyness and lack of effort. I feel that if I just cut that I could sleep and I would stop being a violent sleeper.
It's just so hard right now.

We're all damaged in our own way. Nobody's perfect. I think we are all somewhat screwy, every single one of us.

~Johnny Depp

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: My First Butterflies and My Insomnia - April 19th 2012, 04:25 AM

Hi May...

Butterflies? Sutures?

The way to make these urges and behaviors go away forever is to find someone to talk to about them. Do you have a therapist? If so, tell Him/her. If not, tell some trusted adult and let them get you started!

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Disappearing Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: My First Butterflies and My Insomnia - April 19th 2012, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Bobby View Post
Hi May...

Butterflies? Sutures?

The way to make these urges and behaviors go away forever is to find someone to talk to about them. Do you have a therapist? If so, tell Him/her. If not, tell some trusted adult and let them get you started!
She is not referencing sutures. She is referencing the Butterfly Project.
I am proud that you have decided to try this and have managed to keep your first butterflies alive! That's a great accomplishment! Keep up the good work. I know you can do it! If you ever want to talk to someone who also does the butterfly project, PM me anytime.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
BreakingBecci Offline
Becci
Not a n00b

Name: Becci

Re: My First Butterflies and My Insomnia - April 19th 2012, 05:19 PM

Congratulations on the first set of butterflies!
What I tend to do is, if the butterflies are fading and I get the urges, I will draw over the butterflies, and name them after my best friend, my boyfriend, and my mum. The three people I care about most, who I could never hurt. Then, if I feel the urge, I'll draw red lines, or buy fake blood from a joke/fancy dress shop, and put that on my arm/leg.
Maybe this could help?
Another thing that might help is talking to someone. Whether it's a professional, a friend, a family member, or even someone here on TeenHelp.
I wish you the best of luck, and hope that you can stay SH free.
If you ever want to, just PM me

Do not base your happiness off someone else.
you-go-dumbledork.tumblr.com
  Send a message via Skype™ to BreakingBecci 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
GothricaUndead Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ciera Luna

Re: My First Butterflies and My Insomnia - April 19th 2012, 11:47 PM

I just started this too. I don't like I talk to people about it and I believe this helps me with the stuff I have gone though. Ive gone to do many people and they have never helped me. That's why I do this.

~GothricaUndead~

(#6 (permalink)) Old
csrao Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My First Butterflies and My Insomnia - April 21st 2012, 04:59 AM

One simple technique to conquer insomnia is 'Focusing on breathing'. It calms the mind, relaxes the body and induces sleep. Try this technique as described below, as soon as you lie down on the bed and close your eyes.

TRIPLE SEGMENT MODE: Every finger has 2 cross lines, dividing it into 3 parts or segments. Place the tip of the thumb at the top segment of the little finger and breathe three times. Move the thumb to the middle segment and breathe three times. Move to the bottom segment and breathe three times. Repeat the same steps at the next 3 fingers. At the thumb, place the tip of the index finger on its segments and follow the same steps. Then switch to the other hand and repeat the process all over. Continue to practice, switching the hands.

We can use this mode, anywhere and anytime, even for a few seconds, to avert potential stress or dissolve built up stress!

Many other modes of ‘focusing on breathing’ can be seen on line by searching for 'focusing on breathing'.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
MusicMaker
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: May

Re: My First Butterflies and My Insomnia - April 21st 2012, 05:25 AM

Thank you guys. For everything.

We're all damaged in our own way. Nobody's perfect. I think we are all somewhat screwy, every single one of us.

~Johnny Depp

(#8 (permalink)) Old
mindflower Offline
what the hell is a FixYou♥
I can't get enough

Name: taylor

Re: My First Butterflies and My Insomnia - April 22nd 2012, 07:15 PM

maybe i should try this butterfly thing. ive heard about it and it sounds liek it helps some people. i have insomnia too. ik life can get hard, but stay strong young grasshoppper!

Closed Thread