TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ZachTheCat Offline
Swag Master
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Zach

Exclamation Feeling the rush. - April 19th 2012, 02:10 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I used to cut.. A lot... Then someone saw them and told my school counsiler. That was like 1 month ago.. I was fine for a little bit but now all i can think about is cutting.. I made a promise to my friends not to do it again but I'm not sure that I can keep that promise... I don't know what t do because I don't want to lose any of my friends and because if I did it again my parents would go insane.... I really want to though... HELP!?!?
  Send a message via Skype™ to ZachTheCat 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Muse

Re: Feeling the rush. - April 19th 2012, 02:46 PM

Hey there

I suggest you look at the alternatives thread at the top if this forum to help you resist the urge to cut, try to keep yourself distracted and keep up the good work, a month is great! Remember we are always around to help

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
Pm me anytime, I like to help!
  Send a message via MSN to Nomophobia  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ZachTheCat Offline
Swag Master
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Feeling the rush. - April 19th 2012, 03:00 PM

I tried all the things on that list before nothing seems to work like cutting does..
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Muse

Re: Feeling the rush. - April 19th 2012, 03:11 PM

I agree that nothing is quite the same but try to focus on all the bad things that cutting brings and use them to help you resist it. Keep trying the alternatives, you will eventually find one that works, and make sure you try to keep yourself busy...write something, hang out with friends, go for a walk..that sort of thing

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
Pm me anytime, I like to help!
  Send a message via MSN to Nomophobia  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
ZachTheCat Offline
Swag Master
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Feeling the rush. - April 19th 2012, 03:14 PM

I can try....
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
wes
Not a n00b

Name: wes

Re: Feeling the rush. - April 19th 2012, 04:03 PM

hi my name is wes i understand how you feel i stopped cutting about a year and a half ago. It wasn't easy just like you i had my times when i would feel the need to cut again....and sometimes i did. But i had to pick myself back up and try again because i knew and i'm shur you know that its not going to stop on its own. Its a good thing that that individual saw and told your school counselor because to me professional help is the best way to go in this situation. I got it and when i did it helped me stop my cutting and it also helped me in many other ways that i would never have imagined. So getting help would be something that i would recommend you do in this situation because it will help tremendously. Also when your thinking about cutting try and take you mind off of it. Do active things like jogging sports or if you play a instrument try playing it to take your mind off of cutting. Even just writing your feelings out on paper will help. And if you cut its not the end of the world, in this healing process it will happen but you have to know that you have to pick your self back up and try again. Also if you cut and your friends leave you instead of trying to support and be there you in this hard healing process than there not real friends.

They differently don't deserve to be your friends, dropping a friendship because your friend is having a problem is judgment. HOW you ask? Its judgment because there saying "oh well since she cuts well were not going to hang around here because its weird" but your not weird trust me and you deserve better friends than them. Ones hat care and will support you in your time of need. Now your parents i think you should really talk to them and explain to them what you are feeling, OR tell them that you would realty like to get help for the problem that you going through, professional help that is. If your parents are unwilling you need to talk to your school counselor for further advice. Your strong, I know you are just keep trying and you will make it through this i know you can. If i can i have faith that you can, and i will try to assist you in any way that i possible can. I'm always willing to help with any problem just ask me or if you just want to talk i'm here and will listen and give the best advice i can for your situation, because you deserve it.
I'm here if you want to talk pm me

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
BreakingBecci Offline
Becci
Not a n00b

Name: Becci

Re: Feeling the rush. - April 19th 2012, 04:38 PM

First of all, one month without cutting is a great achievement. You've lasted this long, you can last a bit longer.
I personally think that going to talk to your school counselor about your urges may be a great help. If not, talk to one of your friends. They may not necessarily understand, but you can tell them that you're trying so hard to stop, but it's very difficult. You need their support.
For now, you can check our Alternatives to Self Harm thread. Not all of them will work for you, but I'm sure you'll find something.
Good luck.
If you want to talk, feel free to PM me.

Do not base your happiness off someone else.
you-go-dumbledork.tumblr.com
  Send a message via Skype™ to BreakingBecci 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
ZachTheCat Offline
Swag Master
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Feeling the rush. - April 19th 2012, 04:59 PM

Okay thanks for all the help I'm going to try to hold on a bit longer
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
BreakingBecci Offline
Becci
Not a n00b

Name: Becci

Re: Feeling the rush. - April 19th 2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fachan View Post
That's great news! Good luck I believe in you.

Do not base your happiness off someone else.
you-go-dumbledork.tumblr.com
  Send a message via Skype™ to BreakingBecci 
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Flavalicious Offline
100% Coffee addict
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Felis

Re: Feeling the rush. - April 22nd 2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fachan View Post
Cheers for your efforts
It's never easy on anyone to stop and I was struggling so hard to keep myself SH free as well during my first year. You have friends and family who loves you, so don't quit. You can do it!

Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition. - Alexander Smith

Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life. - Herbert Otto

Closed Thread