TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Disabilities Living with a disability, either physical or mental, can be both challenging and life changing. For support, questions and discussions relating to disabilities, post here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BlueArtS Offline
Not a n00b

The rest of the World... - February 7th 2010, 02:20 PM

Hi.

So i have disabellatys and idc really but it makes stuff really cofuseing and idk what to do cause alot of ppl get mad at and yell at me for things but idk what i did even or what im supposed to do. im scared cause im gonna be older soon and idk what im gonna do about it...because i mean alot of ppl get mad. like some ppl hurt me cause of this and like yell or call be bad names....

ok for ex someone says hi to me and i dont say anything cause im thinking like what im suppossed to do cause idk....and then the person starts yelling and cussing and saying all this stuff like that im rude and like way over doing it just cause i didnt say hi cause idk....and i really didnt know.....or i was thinking about it and i just said it kinda slow.

thanks

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Re: The rest of the World... - February 7th 2010, 07:42 PM

Hey there,

Firstly, you don't deserve the treatment that you're getting. What they are saying and doing is purely because they don't understand how it is for you and how you cope with your disabilities. None of this is your fault. Communication is the key to understanding, try and let people in a little so they can begin to understand.

It's often difficult for people to understand the way you feel and your disability because they have never been in your situation. The best thing you can do is communicate with them, if you don't understand why they are acting the way they are ask them why, if you don't understand what you've done wrong then just ask them. Everybody gets older, it's not something to get worked up on just yet. You can't control how quickly you grow up because you have no control over how fast time moves.

You're not being rude because you don't know what to say/do. Try and communicate a little, start a conversation if it feels like the appropriate thing to do. Did you ask them why they were yelling or ask them to calm down and explain it to you? If you asked them calmly using authority to calm down and explain the situation to you, it's good because you're communicating and if you explain your disabilities it will give them a little insight.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything.
Rie.

Closed Thread