TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Disabilities Living with a disability, either physical or mental, can be both challenging and life changing. For support, questions and discussions relating to disabilities, post here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

knee that turns in and wonky leg - July 25th 2010, 03:16 PM

when i was born i was born with my one of my hip balls slightly out of place which means one of my legs is wonky and my knee turns in, i knew it was there as such but yesterday in the changing rooms when i was shopping i noticed how much my leg is wonky and how much my knee turns in. i was talking to my mum about my leg and my knee in the car on the way home and theres an opporation that i could get on the nhs which involves them braking me leg, re alighing it, putting in splints and screws to keep it striaght, then stitching it back up and putting it in a plaster cast. for 6 or so weeks. i am thinking about getting this opporation, as at the moment i feel like such a freak my mum tells me your fine if slighlty deformed, i just feel like such a freak. is it worth getting this opporation even though my mum tells me that the opporation will be very painful afterwards ?

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Briana Offline
A strong fighter
I can't get enough

Name: Bri

Re: knee that turns in and wonky leg - July 25th 2010, 06:01 PM

Hey! So, I can totally relate to you. i had a slightly different operation to correct my legs. They actually rotated my leg from the hip to the ankle, put a plate in my thigh, and pins in my ankle. Then, they casted me for a couple months and took the pins out. I love having my legs looking straight when I walk and if I remember right, if you legs turn in now, it will cause a lot of athritus and knee pain in your future and you may need surgery then.

If I were you, I would go for it. It might be painful, but would you rather get it done and over with now, while you are young (and able to recover fast) or when you are older, and it would take slower to recover and everything could get worse?

Your mom doesn't know how you feel, as she isn't you. Also, when I went through it, they gave me pain kills and such which helped loads with pain. You might need to do Physical therapy afterwards.

It is your decision, but like I said, I have gone through it twice, one on each leg, and I love the way it looks now. If you want to talk about it more, let me know. It is always nice to know someone who can relate.

"We accept the love we think we deserve."
"In that moment, I swear, we were Infinite."
"There's an I in Illness
and a We in Wellness."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Re: knee that turns in and wonky leg - July 25th 2010, 07:49 PM

wow, i want it done, but i know mymum wont let me, and what if the doctors say that i dont need it even though my knee is to one side as such, and my legs wonky. my mum says you dont want the opporation i do, i mean my legs are scarred already from self harm, so its not like another scar will matter as such, well it will but then i have an excuse for the scar, my dad has had a knee oporation recently he had it done privatly though. the physio thearpy wont to much of a problem as my mums a physio so that shouldnt be too bad. i know im umming and ahhing about it as such because i know if i do have the opporation i will be off work for an long time and off college for a long time. but i know if the opporation it will make me feel more normal as such. if i sit down with my legs in front of me i can only get one foot to touch the floor all the way down on its side as such and the other foot wont do that. i dont know if they can give me pain killers due to the fact that im allergic to some medicines. but i want the opportation but at the same time i dont.for once it would be nice to feel normal as such if you get what i mean ?

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

Closed Thread