TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Addictive Behaviours Discuss and receive support for addictions not related to substance use, such as gambling, Internet, sex or work addictions, in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Tumblr - January 24th 2015, 08:32 PM

I seriously have an addiction to Tumblr. I'm always on, and I have it open on there different platforms at all times. My Laptop, my iPad, and my cell. I'm not even sure why. I really should cut down though, because it does get in the way of my house work. I only really put it down when Ava is up from her nap and when she wants to play. OH well.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Tumblr - January 25th 2015, 11:46 PM

Maybe you can start using Tumblr as a reward for getting your tasks done! You can log out of the app on these platforms and only allow yourself to login once x, y, and z is done. It'll be hard to train at first, as you're used to simply always being on, but this would help you be a lot more productive.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Re: Tumblr - January 26th 2015, 02:14 AM

Tumblr is indeed a cool website and I understand that it can get quite addicting. I would say a good way to recover from this addiction is to allocate time, prioritizing your daily tasks with the use of an agenda or a planner of some sort. By using an agenda/planner, you are able to clearly see how much time you are dedicating to each task and see where you need to spend more or less time in. I hope this helps and wish you all the very best!

[left]

"Imperfection is beauty;
madness is genius;
and its better to be absolutely ridiculous
than absolutely boring."

-Marilyn Monroe

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Re: Tumblr - January 26th 2015, 02:30 AM

Thank you guys.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Re: Tumblr - February 3rd 2015, 02:07 PM

Hi Adelaide,

I suggest you log out of Tumblr on your phone and iPad.
Also, it could help to install a program where you can block certain websites form being accessed during certain times.
For instance, I have a program on my mac (they are also available for Windows and the free versions work great) that I have created a "black list" with. The black list has this website as well as many others that I get distracted by when trying to complete my academic necessities. I then set the amount of time I want them blocked for and hit the "start" button. Then I am unable to access the websites with any web browser on my computer.
There are not applications available for iPad's that do this because of restrictions by Apple but a work around could be restricting Safari (Settings, General, Restrictions, Enable Restrictions, type four digit passcode, tap Safari (will switch from on to off). You can then remove the Tumblr app from your home screen.
Then you can use Tumblr as a reward. Set the program for the amount of time you want to do housework ie. a half hour or an hour and then when you are back at your laptop, it will be unlocked.
Hope this helps in some way.
Take care.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

Closed Thread