TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Music4lyfe Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alana

Does this annoy anyone else? - February 11th 2014, 03:48 PM

Kay, so I wasn't sure where to put this so I just put it here because it has to do with people's ambitions
Now, there are a lot of things that people say that annoy me, but here's one category that drives me insane: "I want to be a scientist, but I'm not smart enough" "I'm too fat to be a model" "I wish I could sing well!", and I understand saying that during your progress to improve, as you want it to come faster. However, what annoys me is when people say these things and then sit on their butt and do nothing about it.

There are these quotes, 'Practice makes perfect', 'No pain, no game', etc.. Now, I'm good at certain things, but I was DEFINITELY not a natural born talent at anything, except perhaps English and writing and things along those lines. English is something I've always been good at, but things I used to be horrible at? Public speaking, acting, singing, making friends, the list goes on. In the past few years, I won first place in a public speaking competition. I was chosen, from auditions, to take part in a drama competition (which we didn't win, but of course that's okay I had fun working with the people I did and it was an honor to be chosen). My guitar teacher told my choir teacher that I was an amazing singer, and I have a group of friends.
I worked hard for years, took the criticism and disappointment, and now I'm getting places. It WAS NOT easy, especially with me being a VERY shy and socially awkward person, and all of those things requiring confidence.

What I'm trying to say is, if you want to do something then do it! It may be incredibly difficult, but if you want it that bad then you can take the frustration that comes with it. In the future, I aspire to be multiple things, as I said in a previous post in this forum.
So if you're going to constantly say things like what I quoted before, at least do something to fix your problems. I don't know why, but it annoys me greatly.
My apologies if I offended anyone.

Here's one of my favorite motivational videos, if you find that you feel there's no hope for your dream
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgmVOuLgFB0

"Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone." - Andy Biersack.
There's only a thin line separating dreams from reality

RIP Mitch Lucker <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Does this annoy anyone else? - February 11th 2014, 07:06 PM

Hi there, Alana.

There are many reasons as to why people don't act on their ambitions/goals. For example, sometimes they don't have it in them to do it, sometimes they don't want to bad enough, sometimes a "third party" is preventing them from reaching those goals, and sometimes they just say they want it, but they don't. No matter what, the goal you accomplish, may be 4x harder (or easier) for someone else to achieve. So it's unfair to say that people don't try to achieve their goals/ambitions.

And then, of course, you have people who have (or are going to) achieve those goals/ambitions. They most likely have the resources, the support, the motivation, and the confidence behind them to assist them in their mission (where as others may not have these things). In regards to goals and ambitions, those are the two categories that really exist.

Nonetheless, everyone can reach their dreams/goals/ambitions, but the question is: Do they want it bad enough to be willing to sacrifice other things for it? Most often, the answer is no.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread