TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Paix et Amour Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Smile Get healthy! - April 6th 2011, 07:08 AM

[Note from moderator: While this thread is not extremely triggering, if you have an eating disorder or general sensitivity to talk about foods and whatnot, please read with caution or leave the thread so that you can keep yourself safe and healthy. Thank you.]

i have been waaaaaay overweight for a few years now, like 4 or 5 i think, and im just so sick of it! im not in good health, i have asthma, and i need to lose the weight. im going to start by cutting out most sweets, and eating as healthy as i can, so thats means plenty of salads!

for my eating goals im going to go with what i have looked up and found to be the healthiest. meaning this is how most of my meals will be

breakfast - fried/hard boiled eggs (probably 2) a big glass of orange juice, a piece of toast, and sometimes a veggie sausage patty.

lunch - a big salad, a fruit, lots of cold water (it burns calories, and i love it! :P) and one of my veggie meats. burger, chicken, etc, just whatever i feel like having that day! :P

dinner - a small salad and either whatever my dad makes for dinner, or something like refried beans with tortilla chips, something that will keep me full for a while!

snacks - fruits, veggies dipped in hummus (yum! ) , more water (i always fill up on cold water when im hungry and it helps!) otter pops (little ice pops)

and im also going to try and exercise more. im going for at least a half hour on the stationary bike or eliptical trainer, (yea my dad likes workout equipment lol!) half an hour on wii fit, or 45 mins/1 hour of playing basketball (mostly just shooting the ball, not MUCH moving, so its a bit longer for that) and im going for at least 5 times a week with that (my dad is also giving me 2 dollars for every 30 minute workout, and 80 dollars a month if i do 5 times a week!)

and im also going to try and get in a healthier state of mind. im going to start meditating more, and do yoga. my mom is also going to find a therapist for me!

i have a good feeling this time, and i really am planning on sticking with this. im so sick of being made fun of for my looks, so ive finally gotten over it upsetting me, and im going to actually do something about it!

please give me any tips you have!

Last edited by Ngikhona; April 14th 2011 at 03:23 AM.
  Send a message via MSN to Paix et Amour Send a message via Skype™ to Paix et Amour 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lotus Eater Offline
You are not alone.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Get healthy! - April 6th 2011, 07:35 AM

This is a GREAT plan of action! I think I might start to exercise a bit more too. It's never too late to get fit and healthy.

I wish you all the best! Good luck!

And don't restrict yourself from too many of your favourite foods so soon. It'll just worsen the cravings if you cut them off suddenly. Reward yourself with something sweet every now and again - ultimate motivation.

You have me.
Until every last star in the galaxy dies.
You have me.

- Amie Kaufman

NEED TO VENT? CLICK HERE.
Never forget, you are not alone. ♥

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Paix et Amour Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Get healthy! - April 6th 2011, 08:17 AM

haha thanks :P
  Send a message via MSN to Paix et Amour Send a message via Skype™ to Paix et Amour 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ancora Imparo Offline
XVI VIII MMXIV. ♥
I've been here a while

Name: Jake

Re: Get healthy! - April 6th 2011, 10:03 AM

Hey Sarah,

I think that this is an amazing goal to have and you'll be amazed at just how much being healthy can change your life because when you take good care of yourself and eat the right foods, you'll find that you have so much more energy to do things and you'll probably feel so much better about yourself. I won't lie, it can be tough sometimes because people just expect things to happen over night and get impatient because they aren't seeing the results fast enough but if you stick to it then you will get your rewards! Good luck, you'll have to keep us up to date as to how you're getting on with things!

Take care.

When we're lost in the madness, kindness is wisdom.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Ancora Imparo 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
luvflamingos Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mary

Re: Get healthy! - April 6th 2011, 03:30 PM

Hii Sarah. I know this has been a challenge for you for a while. Mainly, because of things said by those around you. I am so proud of you. You can do this.

As for tips, careful of the foods themselves and not just the quanity. Salad = good, dressings = maybe, not so good (depends), Hard boiled eggs = good, hard boiled egg yolks = not so good. Exercising = good, just pace yourself and don't get burned out.

I wish you all the very best. You can do it Sarah! <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lacey

Re: Get healthy! - April 6th 2011, 05:50 PM

Hey Sarah,

Have you ever looked into work out tapes? They are great because you have somene to keep you motivated through the work out and keep you moving the whole time. Another thing I use is The biggest loser challenge for the wii. You can set how long you want to work out, how many days, what your goals are and everything. It really really works for me, partly because I'm in love with the show too tho.

Main thing to remember is that you are going to have those days where working out wil be the last thing you want to do. But get up and do it...because not only is it helping your body but it is an incredible mood lifter. After 4 months of working out, (and I dont recommend this) but I stopped needing to go to therapy. My mood is better now then it ever has been and I truly think its all due to exercise.

Great goals! If you need any advice on workouts or meals just let me know
You can do this!

Life is to short to put it off anymore
You gotta live it before itís too late
I canít turn that clock back around
On what youíre dreaming about
You better do it now, donít wait

Do something crazy and dumb, while your still young. <3

Need to talk? I'm here. --->
  Send a message via MSN to *~Circus Clown~*  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Ngikhona Offline
Inkululeko.
I've been here a while

Name: Keeley Siobhan

Re: Get healthy! - April 6th 2011, 07:24 PM

Hey Sarah,

This is such a lovely goal to see. I, too, am trying to lose some weight and be healthier in general. I also have asthma, so I know how hard it can be to try to get in shape, but it is possible. I'm assuming that since you have asthma, you have an inhaler. Try taking your inhaler 20-30 minutes before you start exercising, if you haven't already. Since I started doing this, rather than waiting until my asthma was acting up, I've felt really good throughout my exercise and haven't had problems. If you've already learned this, good for you.

One thing I've found to help a lot has been to try to eat some protein bars throughout the day. I eat Peanut Butter Cookie Luna bars, which taste SO GOOD and give me some sweetness but are very high in protein and many nutrients. Protein is also something that your body takes a while to process, so it stays in your system for a while and makes you feel full for longer. Luna bars and Clif bars are really really good as far as having nutrients and being healthy goes.

I'm just going to give you some quick tips on your eating plan
Quote:
breakfast - fried/hard boiled eggs (probably 2) a big glass of orange juice, a piece of toast, and sometimes a veggie sausage patty.
Try to get orange juice that has added calcium and vitamins to it. Young women, especially, really need as much calcium as they can get. For toast, try to use breads that are whole grain breads and possibly have added fiber. Whole grains and fiber are great for keeping you healthy and everything working how it should.

Quote:
lunch - a big salad, a fruit, lots of cold water (it burns calories, and i love it! :P) and one of my veggie meats. burger, chicken, etc, just whatever i feel like having that day! :P
Lovely, just make sure you watch what the dressing is, if you use any. I just found out that the sauce I put on my chicken and rice I have for lunch sometimes has over 100% the daily value of sodium, yuck.

Quote:
dinner - a small salad and either whatever my dad makes for dinner, or something like refried beans with tortilla chips, something that will keep me full for a while!
Also good.

My main bits of advice are make sure you're getting enough carbs, protein, fats, fiber, and calcium. Try to find a website or something that can help keep track of what you're eating and how good it is for you. I'll send you a link to a website that I've found extremely helpful in my weight goals.

"Love me for me, accept the fact I'm true, live like I want, fufill my dreams,
Dream of me, run out free, capture your words and never let them go."

I'll see you on the other side.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Paix et Amour Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Get healthy! - April 6th 2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthetic View Post

I'm just going to give you some quick tips on your eating plan

Try to get orange juice that has added calcium and vitamins to it. Young women, especially, really need as much calcium as they can get. For toast, try to use breads that are whole grain breads and possibly have added fiber. Whole grains and fiber are great for keeping you healthy and everything working how it should.

Lovely, just make sure you watch what the dressing is, if you use any. I just found out that the sauce I put on my chicken and rice I have for lunch sometimes has over 100% the daily value of sodium, yuck.

Also good.

My main bits of advice are make sure you're getting enough carbs, protein, fats, fiber, and calcium. Try to find a website or something that can help keep track of what you're eating and how good it is for you. I'll send you a link to a website that I've found extremely helpful in my weight goals.
oh yea i forgot to mention some stuff

i drink orange juice with lots of pulp, so it has more healthy stuffs, we buy special omega 3 eggs that have tons of extra stuff and it even says the chickens are fed vegetarian feed so they are healthier lol! my dad never gets bad breads, all we have in 9grain whole wheat :P

im using a light ceaser right now, it has a little extra fat (8 grams for two tablespoons i think?) but the rest of the stuff is pretty normal for dressing.

i also take vitamins every day (gummy flinstones vitamins, yum and healthy ) and im going to start taking cinnamon pills which help with metabolism. im going to use wii fit plus most of the time probably, so that tracks your weight, but not calories, which i like, because calorie counting is annoying but it DOES count how many calories you burn which for me is great, because you can set goals!
Closed Thread