TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Em. Offline
I don't even like cats
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Assaulted last night - September 3rd 2016, 05:28 PM

I went clubbing last night and while in a club this man (looked in his 40s) put his hand through my play suit and underwear and groped me and I hit him real hard and as I was leaving I was crying and the bouncers found out what happened and got the police involved. They asked if I wanted him locked up overnight but I said no and I just wanted to go home.

They've said if I want to take it further then I can and I should ring today but I'm so scared and I just feel so violated but I want to protect other girls from him. I feel so uncomfortable in my body and so alone if anything

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chaotic mind...
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Pathetic person

Re: Assaulted last night - September 3rd 2016, 08:35 PM

I'm not comfortable discussing this, but I think you should take it further. You said so yourself, you wanna protect other girls from vile freaks like him even though clubs these days aren't the best place for girls but still.
I know I'm not the best at these advices since I'm not comfortable with this subject but seeing how the situation looks, you have a chance to really fight back and send that animal to a prison cell.

Now, I am sure people on this site will support you and make you feel comfortable in your body again.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Assaulted last night - September 3rd 2016, 09:39 PM

I'm sorry to hear about this. It's awful that someone did that to you.

Whether or not you move forward with this is completely up to you. You have to be comfortable with the idea of it, and of what could come of it. I think you'd benefit if you took some time to take care of yourself and do healthy things to ease your pain before you make a decision. It might help if you write a list of why you do and don't want to move forward with this so you can organize all your thoughts.

While going forward does have the potential to protect other people, you have to worry about yourself. You're not responsible for protecting other people and you shouldn't have to. That man should have kept his hands to himself in the first place.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#4 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Staff On Leave

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Re: Assaulted last night - September 3rd 2016, 10:34 PM

Hey Emily,

I'm really sorry that that happened to you, and I agree with Cassado. Whether or not you take things further is really up to you, and the biggest issue is whether or not you're comfortable with it. Yes, it would be good to teach him a lesson so that he doesn't do this to other people, but you're the most important person right now. If you're comfortable with it and will be fine with what pressing charges involves, then by all means, do it. If you're scared of possible backlash, just know that you'll always have the support of friends and family. If you're scared that other people will just accuse you of lying and victim-blame rather than support you, just remember that they didn't have to go through such a violating experience and have no right to pass judgement.

I hope this helped and feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk!

Kyra
  Send a message via Skype™ to luckiicloverxx 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Elision Offline
Formerly Pan221
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Assaulted last night - September 4th 2016, 08:35 AM

Hi Emily,

As said above, it really is up to you. You should do whatever you feel comfortable with. Right now you need to think about yourself and take care of yourself before you make any decisions. If you feel comfortable with it, you might want to talk to an adult you trust about it, but only if you want to. I see this is a difficult decision, so take some time before deciding what to do, as suggested make a list of reasons why or why not you should move forward and see what it comes too.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you, please know that I and everyone here are here to support you through this

I am inimitable, I am an original

If you cannot reach me to fly, teach me to sing

Closed Thread