TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

so my mum is telling people - June 14th 2009, 10:23 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

so my mum is telling people about the priest who was not a preist, and is making a joke of it going oh you only talk to people who arent preists and all the wrong people dont you, and then laughs about it, my mum has no idea of what he did, she only know what she saw, which to be honest was some 40 year old holding my hands and praying for me. and i told her he was a priest mainly beacause he said for me to, and stuff like that, then he would try to kiss me and stuff and invite me back to his flat to have sex, i never went to his flat though, but that was what he wanted me to do. my mum has no idea about most of this and she jokes about it like its a big joke, she does not even know i told the police. and she jokes about it all the time its really annoying she jokes about it, it upsets me and then shes like okay calm down its only a joke, how can it only be a joke when she no idea what he did, she does'nt know and she jokes about it shes even telling people 'oh she only talks to fake priests' i dont he started talking to me. i never wanted to talk to him, i never wanted him to talk to me i never wanted any of this. and i never wanted my mum to start joking about and telling people, if i wana tell people i will tell people its not for my mum to go round blabbing it off.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ieatpeople Offline
Teehee..i eat cheeks first...
Average Joe

Name: Nicole

Re: so my mum is telling people - June 14th 2009, 02:02 PM

that can be very annoying and stupid..had that with my grandma... but its another story.. anyway... i think you should talk to her like an all seriousy talk and tell her how what she's doing is damaging you. i can only guess the reason for what she's doing. maybe she cant accept it.. like being in denial.. so she just makes fun of it to deal with it... or she doesn't believe you seeing as the youth nowadays are mistakenly labeled as weird crazy people who have nothing else to do.... (i hate it.) either way you have to explain in a calm but really serious way everything that happened. with my mom, she doesnt believe me if i explain stuff when im all mad or crying or annoyed. hope that *hole goes to jail. and hell.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: so my mum is telling people - June 14th 2009, 04:09 PM

the thing is cant tell her she is very sorta anti police, and she would probably tell me off for telling the police, so i cant really tell her.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: so my mum is telling people - June 15th 2009, 01:43 AM

Hey,

I am sorry this has happened to you.

I understand not wanting to talk to your mom about it because to tell the truth that can be a very scary thing. But, if she doesn't know what happened she can't know the reasons behind it upsetting you so much. I think the fact that you told her that it annoys you should be enough to get her to stop but sometimes people need an explanation. I know that sucks and isn't fair but it is the truth.

You don't want your mom to know about your going to the police so maybe you could just tell her the basics of what happened and leave the police out of it?

I know how hard it must be hearing about it all the time, especially from someone you love, so maybe if you sit her down and explain some of it to her she will stop doing it.

I hoped this was helpful and if you need someone to talk to feel free to pm or aim me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread