TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Beka

Unhappy visions gone blury - January 20th 2010, 11:33 PM

over nothing yesterday my bro hit me around the back of my head quite hard my vision went black for a second and every sence then i have been getting sharpe pains in my head and my vision keeps getting blurring... he hasnt hit me in ages.. now im back to being scared in my home. im freaking out!! he used to give me bruises and i have blacked out a few times.. but not in ages...is this just normal brother sister behaviour..help me please im scared.

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: visions gone blury - January 20th 2010, 11:55 PM

You should talk to him and let him know that you don't appreciate him doing that to you. It's normal (to a certain degree mind you) for siblings to bicker and hit each other but if you don't like it and you ask him to stop then hopefully he respects you enough to respect your wishes.
If he doesn't stop then ask your parents to talk to him, and if your parents won't do anything about it then talk to another adult that you trust. Examples of other adults you can go to include school counselors, teachers or other authoritative figures, family friends, your friend's parents, your doctor, etc..

Nobody deserves to be afraid in their own home.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: visions gone blury - January 21st 2010, 12:14 AM

Hey Beka,

This doesn't sound to me like normal brother-sister behavior. Sure fighting happens between siblings, but it should never get to the point where you are scared to be at home and where your brother truly hurts you.

First, I really think you should go see a doctor. It sounds like you may have symptoms of a concussion and those can be really dangerous. I also think you should talk to your parents about what is going on. He is living in their home and it's your parents' responsibility to make sure he isn't hurting you and that you have a safe place to be. If things continue this way or get worse, you could also talk with a teacher or school counselor, or there is always the option of getting social services, etc. involved too.

You not only need to do this for yourself, but for your brother. He shouldn't be hurting anyone and it sounds like he could use some help too. He needs better ways to cope with his emotions then taking them out on you.

I hope you are doing okay right now. Keep yourself safe and feel free to PM me if you need anything.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

Last edited by Emily.; January 21st 2010 at 01:08 AM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: visions gone blury - January 21st 2010, 01:18 AM

Hey Beka,

So, although, like Rick said siblings fight, siblings should not fight to the point that one of them is severely injured. You should not be scared of being at home, or of your brother. When it gets to that point, it really is past time to tell someone.

Could you talk to your parents? I know it's hard and scary, and it feels like telling, but you are doing both you and your brother a favour. He needs help, to control his anger, so that he doesn't go hitting people, otherwise he could land in jail. I know you love your brother, and you don't want to get him in trouble, but trust me, him hurting you like that is not good. My sister when too far once, and I ended up at the doctors, was out of work for a week because I was so sick from the pain. I didn't tell anyone, don't be like me. Please talk to your parents before he hurts you worse. And, think about going to the doctor and getting checked out. Pain and blurried vision is not a good thing

If you need anything, feel free to pm me.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Beka

Re: visions gone blury - January 21st 2010, 05:01 AM

my rents know that we fight but i hold my tounge no one apart from people on here know that ive blanked out because of it. i cant tell it has to stay in the family, i have to keep the family happy. . i love him and my family...maybe i do just stuff up all the time and keep getting in the way.
i will try to be better try keep out of the way

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3

Closed Thread