TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Silverstreak Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I'm confused - April 19th 2010, 03:47 PM

Hi, I really have an urge just to ask someone here for advice, because I think its impossible to go to a family member. Here goes nothing.

When I was around 7 or so, my younger sister and I would go over to my uncle's house because my parents are working and my aunt would look after her son and us together. I don't quite know when it started but I have really vivid images of my cousin holding me down and touching me down there, saying it was fun. I can't really remember whether it progressed further, but I know it didn't hurt (and it made me feel wanted) and so I just lay there. I think it ended when my mother quit her job to look after us.

Now, fast forward 10 years, and I still see this cousin around once a week. He's one of the quietest members of our family, and rarely talks to anyone. Well, except for me. I don't know why am I so screwed up, but he doesn't try anything now (I don't think he knows I remember) and I frankly enjoy talking to him when our families get together. My relatives and parents even encourage me to spend more time with him. What's wrong with me? I'm really confused and not right in the head.

Should I let sleeping dogs lie and pretend it never happened?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

Re: I'm confused - April 19th 2010, 11:57 PM

idk. that was helpful wasn't it?
well i had a simalir situation. except it was with a friend. personally i dont talk to her because of that.
but i think if i still talked to her. i would talk to her about it. because i still question why it happened.
for now my mind has decided that the answer would be because she was curious and making sure she was normal down there.

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

i have facebook, and myspace. and you can ask for it. :P
  Send a message via Yahoo to emoticon  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: I'm confused - April 21st 2010, 02:30 AM

I'm going to assume your cousin was your age or older. He might not have known better, but that doesn't make it okay. What he did was wrong, but it's your choice whether you let it lie. You could talk to him about it, just bring it up and see what he says, but that's also your choice. If you have a good relationship with him, and he's not hurting you anymore, then letting it go might be best, but it is up to you.

I hope this was semi-helpful. Feel free to pm me if you need someone to talk to.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
firecracker Offline
Atheist Pagan
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I'm confused - April 21st 2010, 02:50 AM

In the long run, it's up to you, (as long as he doesn't try anything). Do you feel comfortable letting it go, or do you think someone should know? If you've already let it go, let it go. Forgive him and let it become a thing of the past. If you think someone should know, talk to your family.

Last edited by firecracker; April 21st 2010 at 02:52 AM. Reason: I said too much.

Closed Thread