TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Friend's hellish situation - June 2nd 2010, 02:41 AM

Just a heads up, this entire situation is involving a friend of mine, so...yeah. I may mention outside sources of stress but my primary concern is of her father.

A girl-friend of mine ended up moving (for the third consecutive year) to a sexist state all because her father refused to admit that her mother was making more money than him. Her dad has apparently hit her mom on one or two occasions, and verbally abuses my friend to all hell.

Several examples of such abuse include:
-Being told she's an ungrateful bitch when she asks to move in with a friend (whose parents have fully agreed) in Texas where students don't hate her for being a genius
-Being lectured not to brag when she gets a 2200 on the SAT and a 36 on the ACT (one of the few things she has to be proud of)
-Knowingly neglecting to not have any money saved for her college fund

She's been abused to the point that she thinks that she's being selfish and pathetic by feeling bad at all and that everything is wrong with her. Her boyfriend (in Texas) often forgets to ever call/text/communicate with her at all and the situation is only worsened. She's also tormented at school for being rank one in her class by a full school year.

All these things (and more) have piled onto her and pushed her to the point of calling or texting me just about every other night in tears. I've mentioned that she should involve the CPS and she rejected the idea due to the fact that she believes there'd be no evidence and mainly because it'd mean having her sisters taken away and them not understanding what was wrong in the situation. I've mentioned trying to involve her mother and she said she just bends to her father's will. Any suggestions on what she should do in this situation?

"What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other?"
-George Eliot

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
-Groucho Marx

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin."
-Grace Hansen

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Zyzz Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Friend's hellish situation - June 2nd 2010, 02:00 PM

has her parents said yes to her moving to texas?

other then that you said the same things i would if said. by involving the CPS and getting her mom to leave the father

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Re: Friend's hellish situation - June 3rd 2010, 02:31 AM

My friend's dad just calls her an ungrateful bitch when she asks to move, I meant the parents of the friend she'd be moving in with are fine with it

"What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other?"
-George Eliot

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
-Groucho Marx

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin."
-Grace Hansen

Closed Thread