TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ruki Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Name: Jodie

should i trust them? - June 16th 2010, 04:38 PM

my mom and dad verbally and physically abuse me and my brother, mostly cussing and screaming at us or telling us we are worthless and using our names as an insult, ect. right now my mom is ok cause she needs me to help her so she is being nicer, kinda. Should i trust her? i do not trust her, should i? i do not beleive this is going to last long, because whenever she wants us to do something or something is at stake, she becomes nicer, like when we talked to the CPS and she was all sweet and wonderfull to my brother because she didnt want him to tell that she hits him...idk. What does anyone think?
  Send a message via MSN to ruki  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: should i trust them? - June 16th 2010, 07:10 PM

Jodie,

It is your choice whether to trust her or not. She is your mother, but she also treats you badly when she doesn't want something, which means chances are she'll probably start treating you badly again. Please talk to someone, you shouldn't have to live like that, or even try talking to your mum, if you think you can do it safely. If you can, be calm and don't get angry, and be polite, just tell her how she treats you and your brother isn't right, and how it effects you two, if you think you can. Whether or not to trust her, is your decision. Just hang in there and stay strong Jodie.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ruki Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Name: Jodie

Re: should i trust them? - June 17th 2010, 03:30 AM

I tried to talk to her before and she just cussed me out and raised her hand st me and i was just like, go ahead, hit me, ill call the cops. IDK. Shes nice right now, but..... i just dont know what to do.....i like her nice and i find myself wanting to trust her but at the same time i dont know what to do.....i dont wanna trust her because i have before but she just started being.....a jerk.....again.
thanks for replying!!
  Send a message via MSN to ruki  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
musicslife Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kavitha

Re: should i trust them? - June 20th 2010, 12:09 PM

Since talking to your mom doesn't work, why don't you try someone else. Like your friends, or their parents or a counselor. Or someone like that. And if you trust her before and she has broken that trust and if it has happened a lot of times, then I would suggest not trusting her. For she isn't nice to you when she doesn't need your help.

Closed Thread