TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

So uncomfortable with strangers showing sexual interest in me - July 16th 2010, 10:45 PM

So this guy I've been talking to for a while, who's always been coming on to me for a while. We stopped talking for a bit and I met him the other day by accident. I didn't know it was the same guy until we started talking again. I figure now he's seen me he's interested again? Last time I looked he was in a relationship so I said no but I think he's single now.

Thing is, he's a nice(ish) guy and looks lush. But...

Well, I thought I was over my past. The things that happened when I was younger.

I'm fairly sexually active, but I am always drunk when it happens, and its always with men I trust as friends and loved ones anyway. Well, mostly. The idea of a guy I don't know 100% liking me..scares the holy fucking crap out of me.

I didn't know this was still in me. I mean...I knew, I've always accepted its a part of me and always will be but...I dunno. This has knocked me sideways a little.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Amanda-Marie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: So uncomfortable with strangers showing sexual interest in me - July 27th 2010, 11:12 PM

hey i understand I've had a lot of things happen to me too and i know it can be scary trusting a guy just like that. For one thing..do you know this guy really well? because if you don't then i suggest talking with the people you met him through and making sure hes a good guy you know like a background check and second you have to remember that the past is the past and maybe like if you date him take it nice and slow, don't go getting drunk w him or at least not for a while until you gain trust with him. And it wouldn't hurt to tell him so he can understand where you are coming from. If he is not understanding of this then he doesn't deserve you and its not a good idea to be dating him. which gets to the point you are not dating him yet like maybe go out with him a few times see if hes alright and how you feel. Then once you get to trust him more, if you still like him after that is then tell him what happened to you but wait a little while first, and tell him you want to take things slowly so that you can get used to it and feel secure. If hes a really good guy and he loves you then he will. ps if you need to talk to someone you can pm me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: So uncomfortable with strangers showing sexual interest in me - July 27th 2010, 11:13 PM

Bleh.... I don't do relationships. I'm really not ready for that yet. I have quite a lot of hook ups but its always when I'm drunk so it doesn't kinda..bother me

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

Closed Thread