TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

my therapist is doing dirty buisness - May 23rd 2012, 02:47 AM

I dont know if this is true or not but thats how it seems she lied to me about that she would email me back and give me hugs and call sometimes. She wont do that stuff. The thing is I would NEVER have seen her if it was not for her lies. So I think all she wanted was my money

2 nd thing I just found out my emails are not so private shes been sending them to her supervisor. That means shes doing dirty business behind my back all this time she has been using me. Shes playing me and using me. I dont know what for maybe to get good points with her boss to finish her intern thing. Also her telling me I can email her any time now I see it all was all a set up so she could give it to the supervisor and look all good liek shes doing her job right. All this time I was just a object to her never a human being a patient. Shes a intern but shes a hired on intern which means she wont leave BUT THEN AGAIN THAT MIGHT NOT EVEN BE TRUE EITHER.

Im sick of my life every where I turn some one is FUKIN SCREWING MEEEEEEEE WHY MEE SERIOUSLY WHY MEEEEEEEE DO I HAVE A SIGN ON MY FORHEAD THATY SAYS SCREW MEEEEEEE ALL THE TIME. WHY CANT I EVER MEET A DECENT HUMAN BEING THAT JUST WANTS TO SIMPLY CARE AND HELP INSTEAD OF USE ME AND SCREW ME GEEZZZZ.

Last edited by lauri; May 23rd 2012 at 03:06 AM.
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: my therapist is doing dirty buisness - May 23rd 2012, 03:29 AM

E-mails are not private, they can be viewed by numerous people, especially those who have the necessary computer skills even if they're not meant to view them. I'm not sure how you got the idea into your head that your therapist was using you for her selfish gains. It's normal if not required for any intern to provide a copy of a report or update to their superiors. If you think that qualifies as screwing you over, then phone a large store or government office and notice how part of the automated message states the call will be recorded for quality purposes. They're not trying to screw you over, it's for the supervisor to monitor your therapist's performance and intervene at any given time. If something happens, the supervisor may be held accountable and they obviously want to avoid any lawsuits. It's common practice in society, I'm surprised you're just noticing this now given you're 19 years old.

Her telling you to e-mail whenever you wanted wasn't a set-up. I remember you talking about the therapist and specifically saying she wasn't going to respond until you gave an e-mail in a polite, mature and respectful manner. From your previous threads, you've made it clear you haven't been doing this. If you changed your attitude, then perhaps you would get what you want. There are plenty of decent human beings around, you've probably met quite a few of them but were incapable of recognizing.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: my therapist is doing dirty buisness - May 23rd 2012, 04:11 AM

As you know, Lauri, I am currently a marriage and family therapist trainee. Trainees are one step below interns, but we both have to report to supervisors. When you signed a form (or multiple forms) that covered the basics of therapy (ex. informed consent, the fee/cancellation policy), there should have been a section that explained that 1) your therapist is actually an intern (aka not a licensed professional yet), and that 2) your therapist might have to consult with her supervisor from time to time. When you signed that form (or forms), you agreed to let her talk to her supervisor - which means that nothing you say in your sessions, and nothing you say in phone calls/text message/e-mails, is truly confidential. Your therapist isn't going to tell anyone outside of the office (ex. her family members and friends), but legally, she can talk to her supervisor and to other individuals in the office (ex. in group supervision). Believe it or not, this is actually in everyone's best interests, including yours. For example, if the therapist is stuck and doesn't know how to proceed with you in therapy, she can ask her supervisor for help. If the supervisor passes along good information to your therapist, then you will ultimately benefit, because your therapist will have an idea of what she can do for you. Furthermore, if something unethical or illegal is taking place in the sessions with your therapist, her supervisor could be held responsible. Because the supervisor doesn't want to lose their license, they are going to be all over your therapist if she is doing something that could jeopardize their license. The supervisor wouldn't know if that was the case unless they had access to your information, though, so while it may be a small invasion of your privacy, it is ultimately for your well-being.

You know, if you're really concerned about your therapist and whether or not she's really acting in your best interests (ex. just seeing you for the money), then I would stop contacting HER all the time and try to get in contact with her supervisor. The supervisor is probably well aware of your situation by now, and meeting with them could help clear a few things up. As Nick said, though, and as I've reminded you before, you'll need to address this supervisor in a calm manner. I would call the office phone number and calmly state who you are, who your therapist is, and ask to speak to your therapist's supervisor regarding some concerns that you have. If no one picks up, you'll have to leave a message, and resist the temptation to call back repeatedly - that won't give this supervisor the right impression. Keep in mind that the supervisor is NOT obligated to call you back within a reasonable amount of time (like your therapist is), so you may end up waiting a few days before hearing back. If you don't hear back after a few days, leave another polite message with the same information.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Re: my therapist is doing dirty buisness - May 23rd 2012, 05:14 AM

Thanks both of you I read it all made me feel better. I understand OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! I think she needs to intervene.

I understand thanks for clearing it up PSY.

Im worried now since I know she gives my email to her supervisor because in one email I gave to my therapist I said something like this maddie stop touching me like that stop maddie. When she never touched me like in a bad way. I know I shouldnt have said that to her. Do you think the supervisor saw that email?? I wonder if she did why she didnt do anything. Also I have been telling my therapist shes bullying me in email and the supervisor is not doing anything about it.

I might just talk to the supervisor PSY.
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
Closed Thread