TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Haruhi Offline
Kpop Fan ~
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jorddii

... - May 29th 2012, 06:57 PM

Hey Guys.

I am like quite concerned, I have been feeling tired and not eating properly for like a few weeks now.. I just keep crying and feeling so horrible over pathetic things. I couldn't find the tea towel and I just broke down earlier. I don't know what's wrong with me..

Also, none of my friends like give a shit about my problems.. I have had a lot on mind and no one even wants to listen to me.. I feel absolutely miserable and life is just so crap. Everything tastes bad, smells bad, feels bad. I just want this 'bad' feeling to go away.

What should I do?
How can I make myself happier? I am so unmotivated and such..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
gymnastxxLeah Offline
tumble <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Leah

Re: ... - May 30th 2012, 01:14 AM

Hey...
It sounds like you're going through a lot... It also sounds like you're kinda depressed. This just isn't healthy. Don't you think you deserve to be happy! I do! I really wanna give you a big hug!

As for trying to be happier, I just don't know what to tell you. I guess I don't know much advice wise, I just want you to know I'm here if you want to talk. If you need someone to listen, I'll be there! I'm sorta going through the same thing... So I know what it's like.

Here for you always,
leah
xoxo

I wanna fly. So I do gymnastics instead.

I'll just keep holding on to what i believe and oh I believe in you. Give me the strength for the fight and the heart to believe cause I've got to believe in you. I feel so alive.

PeacewithImperfection

(#3 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: ... - May 30th 2012, 12:05 PM

Hey,

the best advice I can give you is:
Make an appointment with your GP.

It sounds like you're depressed. Not a little sad, but the sort of depression that benefits from medical intervention, which can involve either medication, or therapy, or a combination of both.

As you are 18, unless you're in immediate danger, everything you say to your doc will be confidential.

It sucks when friends aren't there to support you and that's just going to make things worse. Is there another place you can go for support? Like, do you belong to a church? Or have a reasonable family that you could talk to? And then again, there's always this forum, it will support you, as many members have gone through similar things.

So yeah. Sounds like things are tough. And I would suggest seeing a doctor, especially as you said this has been going on for a couple of weeks.
=]

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: ... - May 31st 2012, 03:36 PM

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling this way right now. i am however really glad that you have come to us here at Teenhelp for some help and support. I think that's really great.

Truthfully, whether we're feeling low in general or not, not eating properly and not sleeping well can have a big effect on us. It can make us feel low and down in itself so it's incredibly important for you to ensure you do eat a good amount as well as perhaps trying a few things such as staying away from stimulants, sleeping in a good light and tempreture, having a bedtime routine etc to try and help your bad sleeping patterns.

You may just be going through a low phase which isn't 'unnormal'. We all have rough times in life and thats okay as long as you deal with it in an appropiate and healthy way. It could be something more so I would keep on eye on how you're feeling and if it carries on for a longer period of time of gets increasingly worse, I would suggest you see your doctor.

Try doing things which you enjoy. Do some art, go running, go out with friends or family, take your dog for a walk, read, write, sing in the shower, hane a nice meal etc. Little things like these can make us feel a lot better. When you're feeling low, make sure you take control and do something nice to focus your mind on something else and to help yourself feel better.

Lastly, you're not alone. I'm sorry you feel this way towards your friends. Have you tried talking to them? We're always here for you so don't think you are alone because you're definately not.

Keep smiling, you can do this,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread