TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

View Poll Results: I think this behaviour is:
perfectly normal 3 30.00%
a little odd 5 50.00%
abnormal 2 20.00%
very abnormal 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PennyCrayon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question I live in my head - June 4th 2012, 10:38 PM

My freinds mock me because I sit alone under the table in the form room at lunchtimes, I ignore their conversations and I don't know when I'm being 'rude'. I don't mind it, we mock each others flaws to show we accept them - its an affectionate insult.
However, it lead me recently to realise I spend all my time in my head; I read or draw for hours, I don't talk very often at all, I sometimes go days being silent, I can daydream for hours and often stay up all night playing scenarios in my head. It even interferres with my lessons sometimes - I can daydream through an entire lesson and have to catch up later.
My questions are: is this unusual? what do you daydream about? and should I change?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
escape♥ Offline
Happiness is waiting for you<3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Paula

Re: I live in my head - June 4th 2012, 11:57 PM

I voted "a little odd" because it interferes with school and you seem to be isolating yourself from those who love you.
Maybe try being a little more social/productive. For example, instead of reading/drawing for hours on end, use one half hour to catch up with an old or current friend, or help clean the house or take care of siblings. I tend to do this sort of behavior when i feel worthles and depressed.. do you feel this way? if so, try and do happy activities, or just talk to somebody on here or a friend who understands where your coming from. I hope everything works out for you!

If you're looking for a sign not to kill yourself tonight, this is it.
"May the odds be ever in your favour"
"A strong person is one who can smile this morning like they weren't crying last night."
Your never alone, I'm always here for you. Shoot me a VM or PM.

Last edited by escape♥; June 4th 2012 at 11:58 PM. Reason: changes

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: I live in my head - June 5th 2012, 03:16 AM

I said a little odd too, but only because it isn't exactly perfectly normal. But on the other hand, I don't want to feel like you are feeling something wrong or doing something wrong. I don't think whatever this is is something you can help right now. Therefore people should not be teasing you. I'm not really that surprised by what you are explaining because I have def. known people who struggle with identical things. I haven't met very many, but there are def. some that I have known so you are not alone. I'm no doctor, but I always thought it was sort of like a concentration problem or something that stems from loneliness. The people i've known with this do not have many friends and also they talk about how its really hard for them to get a certain thing done because they are too caught up in what they are thinking. Its not something that they were born with, its something they developed overtime. Usually in their preteen/teen years it shows up. In fact, there's a famous author, Emily Bronte who wrote "Wuthering Heights" and her and her siblings experienced the same kind of thing where they daydreamed a lot because they really had nobody but each other. They had a very sheltered and tragic life, but again, goes back to the loneliness. How long have you had this? Do you have many friends or people you are close to? I would suggest maybe seeing someone about this, and maybe it will help. The only thing is with the people i've known, they have avoided going to see anyone because this type of thing, there's not much known about it because its not too common. But you know, its worth a shot.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Re: I live in my head - June 5th 2012, 03:33 AM

I would say its perfectly normal. Because we all day dream and if it intefers with your school work maybe you have add or adhd. You just need to learn to focus I would say focus on what your doing sure when I do hw I would love to stare off in space and day dream but I know need to get my hw done and its time to concentrate on that.

So maybe its just you have a short attention span or maybe add or adhd they have a hard time staying on task bec there day dreaming.
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
BECCALICIOUS! Offline
take me as you found me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: I live in my head - June 5th 2012, 03:48 AM

Maybe you're just introverted.

when you love and laugh abundantly you live a beautiful life.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
xtina Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: tina

Re: I live in my head - June 5th 2012, 03:58 AM

i say a little odd, cuz its not perfectly normal but i dont think its a problem or anything, like aslong as it doesnt get in the way of things u wanna do... like i sometimes act how u described so i understand how u feel but as long as ur happy just stay the way u are!

Closed Thread