TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dsee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

What am I afraid of?? - July 29th 2012, 12:25 AM

I need some advice. I have an issue that came about around two years ago. I find it rather embarrassing so Ive always kept it to myself. Its about time I try and get this off my chest before it starts to affect me in the real world. I dont know what it is to be honest. It began a while ago, and slowly got worse. Anytime someone even says the word stupid or annoying or anything thats bad I cant help but think "What if I was stupid?" "How would that affect me now? in the future?" I KNOW Im not stupid, I just fear the fact that you can be. Thats not all, If anyone says anything that is an insult or anything of that matter, I begin to think "what if I was that?" "What if I was like that?". Im begginning to get rather annoyed when a thought of the kind comes in my head, it throws me off, And Ill ofcourse start telling myself (for example) "I am smart" "I am mature", and other various things that pop into my head. Then sometimes Ill worry about my future. Ive made sure Ive stayed In honors all my life, Ive made sure I stayed away from drugs/drinking, Ive positioned myself the right people, But Ill still fear sometimes that my future wont be what I want it to be. And I dont mean as in I want to be the richest person in the world or the smartest or something of that matter, I just mean successful and Being able to support my family + have money to spend. I KNOW no matter what that I will never give up, Ill always go for my dream and if I work hard enough that Ill achieve it but just the thought of not drives me crazy and once again throws me off. Theres more but Im sure you get the idea of it. Ive never told anyone this because I dont want to have anyone think Im crazy, cause im not. I dont know what it is, but I want to get rid of any. Can ANYONE out there help me before this issue gets worse??

(#2 (permalink)) Old
purplemask Offline
Average Joe

Name: Regina

Re: What am I afraid of?? - July 29th 2012, 01:06 AM

I'm not sure what the issue is. Is it just your anxiety? There are many people who are afraid that the future won't live up to their expectations, or are fearful because they don't know what their expectations are. If you think you have anxiety more than the average person, you could talk to a counselor about it. There are methods to reduce anxiety: meditation, breathing strategies, learning to calm your mind, as well as medications that can help.

Closed Thread