TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dean Beirne Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Please Help Me - October 7th 2012, 04:58 PM

Okay, so today at school I was sitting in the library, and one of my friend(who is a girl) was sitting there with her boyfriend, me and her are good friends so she talks to me alot, now when i sat down i noticed he was talking to her in a very unkind way and not treating her correctly, he does this outside aswell i see him calling her a twat, cunt, etc. And she looks as if it doesnt affect her, but when he left the table today, she was like to me 'I dont know what to do' and asked me what I think on the matter, at the same point one of the popular kids came through and overheard what i said which was 'Personally I think you deserve way better treatment that what you're being given'. Then when he came back, the popular kid said to the boyfriend that I had said 'You deserve better than him', which is completely different that what I said, i could see in his eyes that he did it purposely just to get me in trouble with him, he then threatened to hurt me and called me a count and left. When i went home i was so angry and depressive and i felt betrayed that she didnt even think to stick up for me there, after IVe helped her through a lot. I saw a pair of scissors and just picked them up, i didnt try self harm or anything but i just suddenly imagined me killing the boyfriend, and enjoying it. When i stopped the fantasy i couldnt stop smiling, then i thought of all the popular kids who have made my life hell for years, and i imagined torturing and killing everyone of them. I think im starting to go completely psychotic i cant talk to my parents about it cuz theyll think im a freak, and i cant talk to the school cuz literally everytime this happens its made out to be my fault. and i really just want to get my last two years of high school done without drama, but it just seems to find me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tiviaa Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Please Help Me - October 7th 2012, 05:50 PM

hey,

it seems like you've got a lot on your plate now, doesn't it? Well, I think that you're a good friend by advising her but don't you think that the reason your friend didn't stick up for you is because she is also scared of her boyfriend? I mean if he can call her names in the library in front of you and so many other people, imagine what he is saying to her when they are alone. So, maybe that's why she didn't stick up for you. But, if she thinks that her boyfriend is more important than you then... do you really need a friend like her? You don't have to go all "I'm not going to talk to you anymore" on her but rather you could think about keeping her at a safe distance cause as you said, you really don't want drama in your life....
As for the popular kids, you should really ignore them by maybe keeping yourself constantly occupied so you won't have time to even think about killing them... A really good tip: Get a good hobby for example: learn to play the guitar, read storybooks, take part in sports. Something that'll help you take your mind of them. Sooner or later, the popular kids are bound to realize that you don't have time for them and focus their attention on someone else. I hope this helped...=)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Please Help Me - October 10th 2012, 06:28 AM

In addition to what Tiviaa said, daydreaming about hurting/killing people one time isn't something to be concerned about. It would be different if you had a genuine urge to hurt/kill people, and the thoughts or urges continued to plague you. A one-time fantasy about "getting back" at the people who have hurt you isn't a sign that you're becoming "psychotic," though. You're just blowing off steam. Instead of playing a video game where you shoot people, or watching a movie where people are brutally murdered, you played out the scenes in your head. You didn't act on them, and the thoughts aren't recurring... that's what's important. =)

Closed Thread