TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lingoer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation ligoer... - October 13th 2012, 10:30 AM

I am a friend (50 years old) of the 16 year old daughter of my partner...ex-partner(? it is complicated)...
I have extreme concern for her well-being.

Anyway, I found her Blog recently... it is in the "public Domain" and wasn't hard to find... (This isn't a discussion about he rights/wrongs of reading her blog)

What she wrote on there fills me with anxiety. Pleae can someone help me with this.
Thanks

Last edited by Palmolive; October 13th 2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Removing personal information

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Melwirth Offline
Average Joe

Name: Melissa

Re: ligoer... - October 13th 2012, 02:55 PM

um after reading that....and comments you have left on her previous post, this whole thing between you guys seems very odd and it seems like she wants you out of her life. And correct me if I'm wrong but did you call her a cunt? cuz thats just wrong. Anyways from the looks of it she might just be acting like a moody teenage girl and at this point I would just leave her alone. It seems like thats what she wants at this point anyways.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lingoer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: ligoer... - October 13th 2012, 11:05 PM

Hi Melwirth,
I agree...it is an odd relationship... as was/is the relationship I had/have with her Mother.
Yeah... I did call her that... i was angry... and that is me being immature.
"MoodyTeenager"... that was the excuse I and her Mum always used and I would be happy to leave it at that... only some of the things she did (still doing?) made me sick with worry... like going overseas to a music festival (4 days) and lying to her Mum about who she was going to be with there. Meeting a 30+ guy in his apartment when she absolutely isn't allowed to have BFs until she is 18 (Her Mum's rule).
And posting a profile up on dating website(s) saying she is 18 and looking for men 20~35 for ANY type of relationship.
I contacted her and offered to be someone she could talk to IF she wanted that... I repeatedly asked her to tell me to stop or that she didn't want that... but she actively encouraged me to continue... it was only upon finding her blog that I realised that what she said to me and what she really thought were complete opposites.

My concern is that she has become completely withdrawn and feels incredibly isolated through the actions of other people "adults" you should have been there for her on an emotional level (me included). I worry that she is taking all that internal stuff into her "adult" life and that this will cause her a lot of pain later (and now)... when all she needs is to be able to really talk to someone... Yes, I did hope that could be me, and I accept that it won't be me. Why not me? "I" suspect it is because I have come close to the truth and she does not want to deal with that and hates that anyone else can see that in her... I could be wrong (I HOPE I am wrong) and that is why I felt compelled to to try to reach out to her.

Like she said... "I do see so much of me in her"... the way she acts/behaves is so like I was when I was dealing with my own shit back then (now too of course)

She is an incredibly intelligent young woman... her exam results are in the top 0.5% and she has all the advantages of having a wealthy Mum and Dad... and none of that seems to mean anything to her when she feels that way... no emotional connection with anyone... and that just makes me depressed.

I had a friend who did confide in me once that he was doing something a bit stupid... and I passed it off as "him being moody"... and he was dead 2 weeks later... so I am probably reading too much into what she writes... again, I was hoping by contacting her, she could disabuse me of any misconceptions.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Melwirth Offline
Average Joe

Name: Melissa

Re: ligoer... - October 14th 2012, 02:26 AM

I'm just saying I see a lot of her in me, I have dealt with a lot of things she has including my own mother cheating and having to meet a man like you and the whole situation make me look at him in disgust and I understand exactly why she wants nothing to do with you. I'm trying to be mean but I think it would be best to just leave her alone. I understand your concern for her but it looks like she is doing the best she can considering her circumstances and you arent making it any better. Just leave her be, she will be ok.

Closed Thread