TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Henrietta123 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: None of you BEES

Liar Liar Pants On Fire - November 4th 2012, 12:47 AM

I've been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for 2 years now, each time i tell lies and pretend im okay, then they let me out to the outside world.

I know lying isnt the best way but im just too afraid what will happen and what people will think, so i thought i'd share it here because no one knows me.

*Quite alot i get times when im unbelievably hyper and often get myself into trouble, yet the next minute im all down and could actually kill myself. (this can happen several times in a day)

*I go periods where i just dont sleep, simply because im just too wide awake and 'buzzin'

*If im walking through a supermarket or if im out on my own i hear a voise saying my name and it sounds like my sister talking

*sometimes (like all the time) i just take myself away into my own head and daydream things like me being severly hurt like being hit by a car or stabbed, i can do this for hours

*Strange thing, i can sometimes just cry and cry and cry for hours at a time for no reason

Am i weird or does anyone else get this..is this normal ish..??? What do i do..? what could be goin on..?

Last edited by Palmolive; November 5th 2012 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
scallensworth Offline
Scallensworth
Average Joe

Name: Rose
Location: Somewhere on my own planet where everyone loves me and I don't have problems

Re: Liar Liar Pants On Fire - November 4th 2012, 01:02 AM

I get this too and have been diagnosed bipolar. That or schizophrenia usually causes this kind of stuff. I would suggest talking to an adult you trust about this because it's the only way you will get help. If you need to talk to somebody feel free to PM me and we can talk about this stuff. Hope I can help at least a little.

Love Is All You Need In Your Life And Love Knows No Gender, Race, Religion, Or Age.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Liar Liar Pants On Fire - November 4th 2012, 05:07 AM

Hey there, often enough I daydream/dream I am killed in an explosion, shot, stabbed etc etc. But, I find it an aspect of a highly imaginitive mind. Or so I believe anyway. I've never brought it up before. But, it could be a result of, like above poster has already mentioned, bipolar or schizophrenia. It is best if you tell the truth to somebody and seek help if you believe you need it.

Stay strong,

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Liar Liar Pants On Fire - November 5th 2012, 04:15 PM

Hi there.

It sounds like you have quite a lot going on and I can definitely relate to some of what you're going through. I just wanted to point out to you that we're not medical professionals and we can't tell what is wrong with you or even whether there is anything wrong with you.

Do you want all of this to stop? Because my the sounds of it you haven't been able to get any of it to stop on your own. And fro, what you have said, it sounds like people are aware you struggle with your mental health and you have been in hospital for that. So why lie? People can help you get through this and to feel better. When people go into hospital, its because the people around them or they themselves feel this is the best option for them to help them in or to get into recovery. I know there are now a lot of things I was I had been honest about when I was in hospital which I am now starting to be honest to the people helping me in the community. But ask yourself this, what is the worst thing that could happen by telling people and getting help? Is there anything worse that could happen than feeling like this for the rest of your life?

Try and talk to people - let them in and let them help you. You can do this.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread