TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MrsVanessa16 Offline
Loooooove
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: JENNY

NEED HELP AM GOING CRAZY!!!!!!! - February 9th 2013, 11:38 PM

I don't really know how to put this but here I go I feel like am going crazy. I have a lot on my mind but I don't know what to believe. Somtimes I feel like crying. I see things at times also a most the time their not really there. I feel lost alone and in a dark place. Help!!!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: NEED HELP AM GOING CRAZY!!!!!!! - February 10th 2013, 05:22 AM

Maybe you should tell your doctor about this, so you can get a referral to the proper professional. Getting help for your problems is important, and your GP will know the best first steps.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MrsVanessa16 Offline
Loooooove
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: NEED HELP AM GOING CRAZY!!!!!!! - February 10th 2013, 09:41 PM

I don't want my doctor to think am crazy and if i tell him he will let my parents know and they will go overboard about it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: NEED HELP AM GOING CRAZY!!!!!!! - February 10th 2013, 10:39 PM

A doctor is not going to think that you are "crazy," so many people in the world have mental illness's. You wouldn't be afraid to go to your doctor if you were physically ill, so you shouldn't be because of how you "feel." Sick is sick and doctors are there to help you!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MrsVanessa16 Offline
Loooooove
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: NEED HELP AM GOING CRAZY!!!!!!! - February 11th 2013, 03:40 AM

What if I am crazy or have a psycho mental problem. I don't want my parents or friends thinking am crazy.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: NEED HELP AM GOING CRAZY!!!!!!! - February 11th 2013, 04:29 AM

As the previous poster said, "crazy" and "psycho" are not accurate terms to use when describing mental health issues. While some people DO have psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia), that does not make them "crazy" or "psycho." Unfortunately, there is still a great deal of stigma surrounding mental illness, so if your family members and friends don't know a whole lot about mental illness, they may incorrectly assume things or jump to conclusions. Fortunately, with at LEAST 1 in 4 adults suffering from mental illness, there's a good chance you'll find someone who knows someone else who struggles with depression, anxiety, etc. Those are the people to turn to, when other people don't seem very sympathetic to your situation.

In an earlier comment, you stated that you don't want your doctor to think you're "crazy," either. The thing is, your doctor has learned a great deal about mental illness. They may not be experts on it, but they recognize there are biological/neurological factors that play into many mental illnesses. Therefore, they won't be dismissive, and if you advocate for yourself (ex. ask for a referral to a psychological professional), they should be willing to help you out. Another nice thing about seeing a doctor (and psychological professional) is that you can use them as a source of education with your family members and friends. Many people have brought their loved ones to sessions, so their doctors/psychological professionals could tell them about the nature of their mental illnesses, how to treat them, and how to assist the person with the mental illness.

When bringing up the subject with your parents, why not just say, "I don't feel well, and haven't felt well for a while. I'd like to set up an appointment with [doctor]"? You don't have to come right out and say, "Mom, Dad, I'm crazy and need to see a shrink!" You can start off by being a bit vague, then as you describe your symptoms to the doctor and bring up the idea of being referred to a psychological professional, you can bring your parents up to speed.

Last edited by PSY; February 11th 2013 at 04:39 AM.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
MrsVanessa16 Offline
Loooooove
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: NEED HELP AM GOING CRAZY!!!!!!! - February 11th 2013, 09:31 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. Special thanks to Robin. I like your advice and I wil give it a try.

Closed Thread