TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Unhappy The voices in my head :( - February 11th 2013, 08:48 AM

Hey guys...

So, pretty much all my life mum has told me I'm borderline schizophrenic, I always told her I wasn't.. she's been pushing it harder lately because I find myself "talking" to the TV sometimes.. I often try and memorise movies and repeat what happens.. but sometimes.. it seems like I'm telling somebody else what just happened.. For example, there was a scene in pretty little liars and I said the line and then also said how they gave her a dirty look about it

And, for a bit now... I've noticed I've had this nasty voice in my head.. She's always telling me to do things, harmful things... and it often leades to a major depressed feeling, like I'm being crushed under the weight, or it leads to a bit of a manic type feeling...

Help me please... I just want this to end... Please, anybody who knows about this help me

P.S. She's laughing... and I'm crying...

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
escape♥ Offline
Happiness is waiting for you<3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Paula

Re: The voices in my head :( - February 11th 2013, 03:11 PM

Hey Jay

Well, personally, I'm not schizophrenic, but I think it might be a good idea for you to talk to somebody, like a doctor, or school nurse?

If the voice is telling you to harm yourself, it's not good for you, and not necessarily normal.

Take care, love. I hope you feel better

~paula

If you're looking for a sign not to kill yourself tonight, this is it.
"May the odds be ever in your favour"
"A strong person is one who can smile this morning like they weren't crying last night."
Your never alone, I'm always here for you. Shoot me a VM or PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: The voices in my head :( - February 11th 2013, 04:06 PM

I don't know much about this so I can't really help. But I would strongly advise you to tell your mom about the voices and that you want help that way she can get you into the doctors.

If the voices are telling you to harm yourself or others that's not a good sign at all. I hear voices to and I know how hard it is to ignore them but try your best.

If you need someone to talk to, someone just to listen or to vent to know I'm just a pm or vm away

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: The voices in my head :( - February 11th 2013, 10:01 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks I just don't want people to know about this I just keep thinking, or that voice is telling me, that everybody will leave me and won't want to talk to me and I'm sick of it The voice gives me plans on how to harm myself, tells me to go deeper and shit like that

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: The voices in my head :( - February 11th 2013, 11:44 PM

Hey there, Jay.

I have schizophrenia and I really understand what you're going through. Before I was on medication I did many odd things, like talking to the television for strange reasons or trying to memorise things. I can't diagnose you, but I do know that sometimes voices don't just go away on their own. Which is why I suggest you see a psychiatrist about medication and maybe even a therapist to get some good techniques on fighting back at the voices. It can really help.

In the mean time, you just have to try your best to ignore what these voices are telling you. I know it's easier said than done, but it can be done. I want you to know that you can PM me any time if you have to talk about something and know that I won't be going anywhere.

Stay strong, okay? It's annoying and difficult, but it's worth it once they get better. It just takes time even though it may seem like they came suddenly.

Remember, PM me if you ever need to talk.

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: The voices in my head :( - February 12th 2013, 10:52 PM

Thank you

I don't have a therapist appointment for a while sooo I don't know when I can see about medication and stuff

Jay.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Mikem2 Offline
Mikem2needshelp
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Re: The voices in my head :( - February 13th 2013, 04:30 AM

I know what you are going through. I mean I have to take "meds" to monitor what goes on. It's stressful cuz u Don't want people know and all of my friends left me because of it but don't let that get you down. If it comes to have to take meds I would probably do it just because it dose help. The voices will get stronger and more violent and vengeful. I have been living with them before I was 10. It's rough but in time It might be able to shut them down for a while. But be strong

Closed Thread