TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Phantom_Girl Offline
Actual Disney Princess
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Meg

I could swear they were in my room. - March 3rd 2013, 10:23 PM

So yesterday, my drama class went to an all day competition. It was from 5am to 1am. I was surrounded by people 24/7. I was so tired afterwords though. So I went to bead about 1:30am. I slept like a baby until about 3:30am when I woke up with an awful cramp in my leg. But the only thing was, I didn't wake up on my own. I could swear I was still in the performing arts center the competition was at. I could swear there were people beside me. I could swear there we people beside me, helping me walk on my cramped leg. I could swear other people got cramps too. I walked it off and went back to bed. I couldn't sleep though. I kept sensing people were there. Every time I closed my eyes, I was back on the set. I was sleeping on the set. It was so weird. I heard them talking to me. I convinced myself I was alone in my room, and everyone else was asleep in their's. But I couldn't do it. They were still there. I opened my eyes and sat in my room for a bit, but I still couldn't fall asleep. I eventually did though, but it wasn't until about 5am.

I thought I was going crazy. I was literally crying for no reason last night. It was so weird. I felt weird. I didn't feel myself. I was tired but I wasn't at the same time. I seriously thought I was going insane. They were right there when I closed my eyes. I was back at the arts center. And all because I woke up with a cramp.

I did have a diet coke and a peanut butter bar before I went to bed, but I do that a lot sometimes, and I have no issues.

What happened to me? Why did I feel like I was there, or like they were all in my room. I'm scared.

Savvy?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: I could swear they were in my room. - March 4th 2013, 12:00 AM

I would guess it has a lot to do with how tired you were. It's not uncommon to have hallucinations when you're very tired, especially when you're about to fall asleep or when you've just woken up.
I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it happens again or when you're not tired.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Phantom_Girl Offline
Actual Disney Princess
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Meg

Re: I could swear they were in my room. - March 4th 2013, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspire View Post
I would guess it has a lot to do with how tired you were. It's not uncommon to have hallucinations when you're very tired, especially when you're about to fall asleep or when you've just woken up.
I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it happens again or when you're not tired.
Maybe I was just overtired. But, like, after I go the theme parks and go on rides, when I try to sleep, I still feel like I'm on the ride sometimes. I don't mind that though.

But this time I felt like there were literally people beside me. It was creepy.

Savvy?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
bee Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I could swear they were in my room. - March 14th 2013, 04:38 PM

It's totally normal when you're tired. Don't worry.

sooner or later though, you always have to w a k e u p

(#5 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: I could swear they were in my room. - March 14th 2013, 10:38 PM

Like the others said, you were exhausted - and you'd also been surrounded by people for almost 24 hours. Your brain was going to take some time to wind down and get used to the peace and quiet. Don't worry, it's happened to most people and can be overwhelming!!

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: I could swear they were in my room. - March 15th 2013, 01:17 AM

I ALWAYS have nightmares if I eat/drink right before going to bed. I know you said this normally doesn't affect your ability to sleep, but that in combination with being awake for 20 hours could have contributed to this incident. I wouldn't worry about it, unless it continues to happen. In the meantime, make sure you aim for 8 hours of sleep each night, and try not to eat/drink anything within 2 hours of going to bed.

Closed Thread