TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
GrizzlyHD Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Hey - Help Fast - March 20th 2013, 12:28 AM

Ok so this sucks I'm 13 and I feel like I have no one. Every time I talk or do anything I end up getting in trouble with parents they yell at me then blame stuff on me. Im a boy I'm very sensitive and I get so mad I cry sometimes I get too mad. I have little to no one my parents I don't feel safe talking to them about my problems. I well there is this girl that kinda likes me and we talk a lot but I don't know if we should go out and this is very scatter minded I just got in trouble for yelling at a tv I cry lots and I'm 13 [Edited] people make fun of me sometimes and I am strong and feared by some now after they say stuff to me like one time a kid said hippo and I got so fucking pissed I turned around and punched his chest picked him up and through him at a wall in bathroom I have problems I'm not to suicidal I mean I think about it but then I think I never would do that. I have no fronds in neighbor hood I just want someone I can talk to like 1 boy and 1 girl mabye I don't use my email I txt and Skype please contact me I snap rubber bands a lot when I get mad. I feel like I have no one please respond I need a girl to talk to I feel socaly odd PLEASE.

Last edited by PSY; March 20th 2013 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Indications of body weight are not permitted on TeenHelp.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Hey - Help Fast - March 20th 2013, 01:23 AM

Hello, and welcome to TeenHelp! =)

Well, the good news is that you found a great place for meeting new people! I am happy to talk to you, if you want practice improving your social skills. Feel free to send me a message any time, or we can just talk here about your issues.

It's great that you found a way to manage your anger (snapping rubber bands). It's certainly better than taking it out on another person (like you did when that person called you a hippo - which, by the way, I am sorry to hear happened). I encourage you to keep finding ways to manage your anger. Some common activities include punching pillows (or a punching bag, if you can afford one and gloves to protect your hands), screaming into pillows, ripping sheets of paper into tiny pieces, expressing yourself creatively (drawing with "angry" colors or drawing "angry" scenes, listening to "angry" music, etc.), and exercise (people often report that they no longer have the energy to act on their anger when they are physically exhausted).

At 13, life won't always be easy for you. Parents tend to think 13-year-olds are "dramatic," "emotional," "sensitive," "rebellious," etc. They may not take you seriously, which can make you even angrier, which can make them even more convinced that you are just a "hormonal teenager." The trick is to catch yourself before you fall into this cycle. Use the coping techniques that are most effective for managing you anger, take some time to "cool down," then approach your parents once you feel calm again. You may want to consider writing a letter and giving it to them, explaining how you have trouble managing your anger and don't mean to get into trouble, and would like their support/understanding while you continue to find ways to manage your anger.

Closed Thread