TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Glass Slipper Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Borderline Personality Disorder - March 20th 2014, 09:11 PM

So I have been think lately. My therapist diagnosed me with BPD and one of the symptoms is you can't handle reject and that is really true with me. Anyways a couple months ago my therapist told me she can't see me anymore because I'm not improving but that's a lie I have been improving.. So she basically rejected me. I just want to know how the hell that makes sense since she diagnosed me with BPD then rejects me. My family finds it really funny. I just don't understand it and want an explanation. Should I email her and ask her even though she isn't my therapist anymore. I just don't understand it.

We may shine, we may shatter,
We may be picking up the pieces here on after,
We are fragile, we are human,
We are shaped by the light we let through us,
We break fast, cause we are glass.
Cause we are glass.
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder - March 20th 2014, 09:24 PM

Well I think even if she is not your therapist anymore, you can email her and ask for an explanation. You deserve one.

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Awakening Offline
L’amore vince sempre
Average Joe

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder - March 20th 2014, 09:55 PM

Hey Frankie,

I'm sorry that things didn't work out with your therapist. It does seem a little strange that she would choose not to meet with you anymore without really giving you any good reasoning, and I think you're entitled to an explanation if that's what you want. I don't see a problem with emailing her and finding out what happened. But I also think that you should look into finding another therapist. When you receive a new diagnosis it's important to have someone who can explain your symptoms to you and help you through them. If you were benefiting from therapy before you definitely shouldn't give up on it simply because things didn't work out this time. I'm sure you'll be able to find a more suitable therapist who will stick with you and provide you with the help that you need. Good luck

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder - March 20th 2014, 10:56 PM

Hey, I have BPD too. A therapist diagnosed me four years ago and I didn't think anything of it. BPD is hard to treat and it may seem like you are not improving on the outside when you are taking great leaps on the inside. Your therapist may also not want to treat you because of your BPD. She could not be trained or she could believe in the stereotype that we are untreatable and should just be avoided. That stereotype is not true though, because in a study 73% of patients with BPD improved to live "normal" lives through years of therapy.

Don't give up on therapy yet. If you were improving then you should find a different therapist and keep improving. It's hard, but it's worth it.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone.
-Charles Darwin

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Glass Slipper Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder - March 21st 2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
Hey Frankie,

I'm sorry that things didn't work out with your therapist. It does seem a little strange that she would choose not to meet with you anymore without really giving you any good reasoning, and I think you're entitled to an explanation if that's what you want. I don't see a problem with emailing her and finding out what happened. But I also think that you should look into finding another therapist. When you receive a new diagnosis it's important to have someone who can explain your symptoms to you and help you through them. If you were benefiting from therapy before you definitely shouldn't give up on it simply because things didn't work out this time. I'm sure you'll be able to find a more suitable therapist who will stick with you and provide you with the help that you need. Good luck
I've kinda been diagnosed with BPD since I was 15 but they can't really diagnose you with it until you are 18 that's what everyone has told me. And she is one of many that have diagnosed me with BPD so I know exactly what it is and everything I knew before I even had her as a therapist. I have a new therapist but she is a joke and I told her I wanted a new therapist and she told me no. I am seeing her tuesday and am going to convince her to refer me to another therapist and if that means I have to be a complete bitch so she won't want to work with me that's what I'm going to do.

We may shine, we may shatter,
We may be picking up the pieces here on after,
We are fragile, we are human,
We are shaped by the light we let through us,
We break fast, cause we are glass.
Cause we are glass.
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

Closed Thread