TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dark-Innocence Offline
Dark-Innocence
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Yoyo

Question I Wanna Stay - March 21st 2014, 05:57 PM

I wanna stay in my dreams. I'm bullied in the real world. In my dreams I can be alone as I please, I'm not ugly, I'm not sick, I don't have a risk of cancer, and everything makes sense.

If Bitches Could Fly... My School Would Be An Airport

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Awakening Offline
L’amore vince sempre
Average Joe

Re: I Wanna Stay - March 21st 2014, 06:33 PM

Hey Victoria,

I can totally understand this. I'm almost always trying to find a way to escape from my problems. Most of the time it's through books or TV shows with alternate realities so that I can focus on those rather than my own for awhile. Dealing with problems is never a fun thing to do and sometimes it seems like it would be a lot easier if you didn't even have to face them. I completely get that. But aside from all these problems and the negative aspects of your life, there are a lot of awesome experiences you'd never be a part of if you were always dreaming or didn't have your life anymore.

Having bad experiences in life helps us to appreciate the good ones. If your life was completely perfect you wouldn't appreciate the awesome dreams you have. Similarly, the good experiences in life wouldn't mean much if you never had to face any bad ones. I am sure that there are plenty of good experiences ahead of you, and they will be all the more meaningful once you're able to get through the negative ones you're facing right now. You have so much life ahead of you, and obviously it's not all going to be perfect. But there will be moments which are so great that they seem totally worth dealing with the bad ones for. You just have to keep going and try your best to remember that there are better things ahead of you.

Have you told anybody that you're being bullied? Maybe you could let someone at school know what's been going on and they could try to prevent it. I'm sure that there would be many people willing to help you, but they have to be aware of the problem before they can do anything to help you solve it. I know how hard it is to deal with being bullied, but try not to let these bullies alter your opinion of yourself. Anyone can be the target of bullying, no matter their looks or what kind of person they are. Being bullied says more about the people bullying you than it does about you. They'll say anything they can to make you feel negatively about yourself, and this doesn't mean that what they're saying is true. I know it's hard, but try not to let their words have an effect on you. The opinion you have of yourself is the one that matters the most, and what they say about you shouldn't alter that opinion.

It might also be a good idea to talk to someone about the other problems you're facing. You could try talking to a friend or a family member or maybe a counselor at school. You also might want to consider talking to your parents about finding a therapist for you to talk to regularly. It's such an easy thing to avoid your problems and pretend that they're not there for awhile, and that's definitely an okay thing to do sometimes. But you need to make sure that doing this isn't preventing you from solving the problems. Talking to someone about what you're going through might be an excellent way to do this. Your current problems aren't going to last forever, so long as you do what you can to overcome them.

I truly believe that things will end up improving for you and that your reality won't be such a difficult one to face anymore. Just try to stay hopeful!

You're more than welcome to message me if you ever need to talk. Take care.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
undeleted1 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: No one

Re: I Wanna Stay - March 23rd 2014, 12:00 AM

I know what you mean. I was bullied a lot and would often dream, play video games, and watch anime just to escape reality. Have you tried talking to someone about you being bullied? Maybe someone can help you.

If you ever want to talk, send me a message.

Closed Thread