TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lionel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Good Multiply personality? - April 15th 2014, 03:53 PM

Well i am a 18 year old boy who actually have multiply personality. I read lot in media that multiply personality people because insane and such. But i think my case are different. it's seem to apper from high school. in past i get bullied a lot. but in high school i learn martial art and try to fight with the bullies and result in me not being bullied anymore. before i realise it i have another person in my head. he said that he is my reincarnation and he has reincarnate a lot and i'm one of it. he said he live (or dead) for long since human exist and he was some demon lord of something (i'm serious here). in life he acctualy always help me with almost anything. he plan the best decision when i need it. he even more preachy than my parents. i also know that my personality is not only one but lot. one of it are silent guy, one are funny guy, one pervert guy, and any other as if they represent my emotion but i still have my own. Even while writing this one of them keep making joke wtf are you writing this thing they only thing you're crazy or making story.
So my question here is that is it okay not to worry about them?
They even said that i need to become president so that i can help people.
I know this sound like made up story and i don't care could you please tell your answer.
Oh and they speak english (not my native language but now i can speak quite fluently)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Re: Good Multiply personality? - April 15th 2014, 06:19 PM

Hey there,

Welcome to the side!
First of: I believe you! Stranger things have happend.
So, I just want to say, that I really don't know much about multiple personalities, so everything I say is just my own uninformed oppinion^^
I think as long as they don't say anything bad and they don't annoy you or anything it might be ok, but I've heard that the personalities can turn against the 'core' personality (I think it's called 'core personality but I'm not sure). So, they might start telling you dangerous or wrong or bad stuff and yeah, I think that can be really really dangerouse especially, if you start think of them as helpfull friends or somehing and always listen to them....
Well as already said, I'm not an expert or anything, so maybe it would be a good idea, to talk with someone who actually knows more about that stuff. A doctor maybe. If you are worried, that they might force you to take medication or something: I don't think they can force you, as long as the other personalities are not harmfull, so you really should consider asking someone who knows about more about that topic.

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

Closed Thread