TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Im not shy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Please help me - May 24th 2014, 07:50 AM

I have always been aware of myself around other people...
Before I leave my house I have to make sure that every strand of hair is tucked neatly in place but now I know that people will never notice that one strand that is not. And even if they DO its okay!
Its not the end of the world. What you look like does not define the person that you are! Iím 16 and Iím still finding out the person that I am and I have a lot of time ahead of me to do exactly that.
These 4 years of high school donít define me and I shouldnít let them! I have always always always been known as the shy person throughout my life and frankly im sick of it because when you get to know me im not shy AT ALL! But the thing is I have never really let anyone in to see that im not the quiet kid. I donít really know how to express myself very well. Most of the time...
I donít even have an opinion-I know its that bad.
I care too much about what other people think of me and I donít know how to stop doing that since ive been doing it for so long. I want to become my own person and I want to love myself more. Can you please help me?? Im tryingÖ

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Discontinuity Offline
arizona iced out boys
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cheyenne

Re: Please help me - May 24th 2014, 05:19 PM

Hey there This must be a very confusing and difficult time for you. Adolescence is simultaneously one of the most amazing and one of the worst times in a person's life. You're experiencing everything for the first time--your first kiss, driving, experimenting with substances, getting your first job---and this is all with the heightened emotional response that comes with being a hormonal teenager. It's very common in adolescents for them to be obsessed with their appearance, to the point of worrying where a single strand of hair is! This does make some sense - after all, one of the first things people judge you on is your physical appearance - however, it's not worth getting too fussed over. The biggest thing your peers will notice about you is how you present yourself, and that's if they're not too wrapped up in themselves to begin with. You are a tiny grain of sand in the middle of an immense beach, and all the other grains of sand are too worried about their own issues to worry too much about you.

Try out new activities, study new topics that you might have an interest in. Certain websites such as Tumblr are amazing for this: they can open you up to not only a new interest, but a group of friends to discuss it with. There's tons of things you could research...Wicca is always neat to learn about, you could brush up on your knowledge of politcal parties, you could become a makeup guru! Try not to be angry or overwhelmed but excited at all the different people you could become. Allow yourself to form opinions - know that your opinion is valid just by virtue of you having it. You're so important and what you say and think matters! Don't forget it I'm here if you wanna chat!

ďBut some people canít tell where it hurts. They canít calm down. They canít ever stop howling.Ē
- Margaret Atwood

questions about BPD? PM me.

blog.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Discontinuity Offline
arizona iced out boys
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cheyenne

Re: Please help me - May 24th 2014, 05:20 PM

Hey there This must be a very confusing and difficult time for you. Adolescence is simultaneously one of the most amazing and one of the worst times in a person's life. You're experiencing everything for the first time--your first kiss, driving, experimenting with substances, getting your first job---and this is all with the heightened emotional response that comes with being a hormonal teenager. It's very common in adolescents for them to be obsessed with their appearance, to the point of worrying where a single strand of hair is! This does make some sense - after all, one of the first things people judge you on is your physical appearance - however, it's not worth getting too fussed over. The biggest thing your peers will notice about you is how you present yourself, and that's if they're not too wrapped up in themselves to begin with. You are a tiny grain of sand in the middle of an immense beach, and all the other grains of sand are too worried about their own issues to worry too much about you.

Try out new activities, study new topics that you might have an interest in. Certain websites such as Tumblr are amazing for this: they can open you up to not only a new interest, but a group of friends to discuss it with. There's tons of things you could research...Wicca is always neat to learn about, you could brush up on your knowledge of politcal parties, you could become a makeup guru! Try not to be angry or overwhelmed but excited at all the different people you could become. Allow yourself to form opinions - know that your opinion is valid just by virtue of you having it. You're so important and what you say and think matters! Don't forget it I'm here if you wanna chat!

ďBut some people canít tell where it hurts. They canít calm down. They canít ever stop howling.Ē
- Margaret Atwood

questions about BPD? PM me.

blog.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
jakal Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Please help me - May 25th 2014, 02:06 AM

sounds like me when i was ur age. it took me almost twenty years to overcome my autism and now i work at the fourth largest baseball stadium in the world and interact with the fans better than anyone elseAND run the second busiest beer portable in the whole place. it takes time and hsrd work. never feel sorry for urself and dont make excuses lest u keep repeating the same things.
alot of people used to call me disabled. i used to believe them. but then i got fed up with thand and found my own way. and guess what? sure, im autistic. but im not disabled. i just have to work harder to make the same progress.

"Truth is God." -Ghandi

Closed Thread