TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
duce-pnf Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alexandr

Simply hard. I want to speak out. - June 7th 2014, 09:51 AM

Uncomfortable to write, but at heart is a heavy burden. Just want speak out to people who have been away from these events may not have heard of them. Can you tell us how to live.
I live in Ukraine. We recently held a revolution (22.10.2013-22.02.2014). I took it involved. At first it was quite peaceful. But from mid-January began active clashes with police. January 22 I got wounded by a grenade injured leg. When me brought to the doctors there was fear. I saw many maimed people. Someone had cut off limbs, some without eyes... In my eyes he died a young man.
Compared to other my injuries were mild, and I quickly returned to the barricades. It has been months. It was hard, cold, but stayed. On February 18, we went to gait to Parliament. There us met many police were armed with automatic weapons and rifles. Us began to beat. According police were bandits who followed by them and beat injured bats.
From detachment in which I was living remained only 17 people. Over the next 3 days police together with bandits just killed unarmed people on the street. We have for self-defense only shields made ​​of wood and helmets. But they are not protected.
To square, where we lived drove a water cannon. Us began to overclock, we threw stones and incendiary mixture in response. The wounded were in the House of Trade Unions, but when the police took it by storm, then set it on fire, and the wounded were burned alive there.
After 3 days of fierce battles we won. President Yanukovych ran from Ukraine. But killing more than 200 people. From these events has been over 4 months, but I still can not sleep well. Very often cause to be dreamed killing people, rivers of blood, coffins... Very hard psychologically. Constantly have thought about the fact that I live, but my friends died there... I do not know how to go on living with this.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I can't get enough

Name: Kay

Re: Simply hard. I want to speak out. - June 7th 2014, 10:10 AM

Hey Alexandr,
I really am sorry you have had to go through all of this. I cannot imagine how traumatizing it must have been for you. It sounds really horrid.
I must say, you are a brave guy to have gone through all of this until now.
It is common to have nightmares after having gone through situations like yours. But, they can be stopped. Is there anyone you can talk to about this. I suggest you see a therapist, if it is possible. Seeing a therapist will work out best for you and things will be fine again.
I am sorry to hear about your friends loss. I know it is hard for you, right now. But getting the right help, will work out in your benefit.
Stay strong
We all are here for you...
Message me if you want someone to talk to

"Being happy isn't about having everything in your life perfect. Maybe it is about stringing together all the little things."

Community Mentor | HelpLINK Access | LiveHelp Access | Forum Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
duce-pnf Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alexandr

Re: Simply hard. I want to speak out. - June 7th 2014, 11:15 AM

Thank you. I try to hold on, not to think about everything that happened. Unfortunately in the city with no one to talk to about it, because most of the people taking part in these events.
Here are some videos of these events:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_KrH1vXGAg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA3twaugywA

Closed Thread