TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cheesii Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kat

Unhappy Stress - November 5th 2018, 02:41 PM

Im really stressed, but there are not physical effects so no ones really taking a notice. Mentally I feel horrible, every school related thing freaks me out and i just run away from it. Ive actually considered doing something so I wouldnt have to go to school (ive told my mom but she justs asks if I really want to spend time at a mental hospital)
So im stuck no idea what to do.

I have a therapist but i haven't really talked about this with her... I know I should but I just struggle with telling people irl anything thats going on with myself.

im taking 2 aps, apush + ap physics 1. Ive expressed my struggles but my parents just say "oh u can do it you just need to put the effort in" cause I got As in all of my honors classes last year and the year before.

Idk whats happening but I know stress is affecting me horribly.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Doglover2 Offline
Just a hooman
Average Joe

Name: Me

Re: Stress - November 5th 2018, 11:35 PM

Some tips for dealing and preventing too much stress:
1. Take quick breaks when you need it. Going to the restroom for a quick breather is okay, just don't do this during lectures.
2. Take deep breaths, take a walk, play with a pet, take 5 to write or color.
3. When it comes to homework, plan out. And during homework time , listen to some music (preferably study soundtracks)
Defiantly talk to your therapist about it as well.

I can reach out
To someone not like me
If you ask for help it doesn't make you weak

(#3 (permalink)) Old
bellamor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Isabella

Re: Stress - November 6th 2018, 12:28 AM

Will it be better if you take some break from all the stuff that bothers you?
Why not hang out with your friends, find a new hobby, and do something that you haven't tried before. I usually go for a drive or ride my bike whenever I feel like the world is not of my favor. I am hoping that you will be able to deal with it, I know you can.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
mvik57 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Stress - November 28th 2018, 08:35 AM

what about sleeping pills have u used it?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: No Name

Re: Stress - December 2nd 2018, 12:37 AM

I am sorry you are dealing with stress because it can be debilitating and like you said it can show no physical signs at all. I do however highly recommend that you bring the stressors in your life to your therapist. I know it is hard to talk about this sort of stuff, but keeping it all in is just adding to the stress you already have.

Meditation is another method that might help you when you are feeling stressed out. This can workout well at home and not really that great when in school. One thing for me is I have a contract set you with my School Counselor who is aware of my issues and whenever I am not feeling quite right no matter where it is(Even in the middle of a class) I get to go immediately to his office and she will make time for me. All my teachers are aware of this contract through my Mental Health IEP I have with the school. It just might be something you and your parents and school counselor might want to look into. It has helped me tremendously.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Cheesii Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kat

Re: Stress - December 4th 2018, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unchained Melody View Post
I am sorry you are dealing with stress because it can be debilitating and like you said it can show no physical signs at all. I do however highly recommend that you bring the stressors in your life to your therapist. I know it is hard to talk about this sort of stuff, but keeping it all in is just adding to the stress you already have.

Meditation is another method that might help you when you are feeling stressed out. This can workout well at home and not really that great when in school. One thing for me is I have a contract set you with my School Counselor who is aware of my issues and whenever I am not feeling quite right no matter where it is(Even in the middle of a class) I get to go immediately to his office and she will make time for me. All my teachers are aware of this contract through my Mental Health IEP I have with the school. It just might be something you and your parents and school counselor might want to look into. It has helped me tremendously.
My therapist wants me to get some testing done, as she thinks it might be an attention disorder thats causing most of my problems... Im going to get testing done after Winter break (yea its later than I would like). So, Im starting to work on it :>

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: No Name

Re: Stress - December 4th 2018, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesii View Post
My therapist wants me to get some testing done, as she thinks it might be an attention disorder thats causing most of my problems... Im going to get testing done after Winter break (yea its later than I would like). So, Im starting to work on it :>
Like you are seeking attention and it is making you emotionally sick? I hope the testing helps figure out what is going on.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Pamarlisa Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Stress - December 29th 2018, 09:33 AM

I try to deal with stress through sports and Hobbies, but three months ago I had a serious nervous breakdown and started depression. I didn't leave home and didn't even want to play sports. My mom bought me green mountain cbd and I tried to treat stress with it. I went through a course of treatment and now my mental health is better.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
FireKO Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Stress - January 1st 2019, 08:12 PM

Try drinking some herbal tea. Chamomile is ok, It will help you to stay calm

Closed Thread