TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
3ofHearts Offline
of Wonderland.
Not a n00b

I think I have a problem...(Offensive.) - December 7th 2009, 05:09 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm cold, bad with my words, either really happy or really sad, but most of the time insensitive and uncaring.

So your mother just died? Too bad, we all die eventually. You're still alive, so get over it. It's just the other side of things.

So you were abused or raped when you were younger? Too bad. It isn't happening now. You're going to need help to get over it, but you are the only one holding yourself back.

You think anyone really has a problem? Then deal with it. Step on people's toes if you must. Otherwise, it's pretty insignificant. Will this really matter forty minutes from now, forty years? Does this affect anyone but you? How does this effect the universe?

“There is no truth. There is only perception.” - Gustave Flaubert

“Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it.”

“I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then”
-Lewis Carol

"Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man."-Zhuangzi

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lotus Eater Offline
You are not alone.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I think I have a problem...(Offensive.) - December 7th 2009, 07:05 AM

Is there a reason you're insensitive and uncaring? Or is that just the way you are? (NOT to sound mean or anything :/)

If you've had a previous experience that's affected you badly.. that sometimes desensitizes people. They don't want to have to think about pain or suffering or anger or anything negative really.. so they block it out. I don't know, I have a close friend who does this without meaning to do so.

In her case though it's probably just because she's sick of people making a big deal out of petty things. Although the things she finds "petty" aren't always petty. I.e. a death in the family is NOT petty. She's just feeling very angry at the world at the moment though.

Do you feel that way?

Even so, you could try to be more empathetic - picture yourself in the person's shoes and ask yourself how you would be feeling in their situation. It will help you rethink whatever it was that you were initially going to say. If your friends know and understand that you have the tendency to come across insensitive and uncaring, I'm sure they will understand and know that it is not really the case.

But, do you actually mean the uncaring things you say? Or do they simply come out the wrong way?

You have me.
Until every last star in the galaxy dies.
You have me.

- Amie Kaufman

NEED TO VENT? CLICK HERE.
Never forget, you are not alone. ♥

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Alex xox Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I think I have a problem...(Offensive.) - December 7th 2009, 07:26 AM

I say thing like that to but I say them becausse the persons gettng no my last nerve
maybe your just saying so that person will go away?

If I say I'm fine...I'm not
If I say just leave me alone...just do it or you'll regret it

Last edited by Alex xox; December 7th 2009 at 07:07 PM.

Closed Thread