TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PureLithium Offline
Equestrian
Average Joe

Name: Alex

Losing control of my nerves - January 3rd 2010, 05:58 PM

I don't know if this belongs here but I figure it's a mental thing.

Tomorrows going to be the first day of school after having two weeks off for Winter Break. I'm extremely nervous to the point where it's making me shake, upset my stomach, and I'm on edge. At the beginning of the semester I had better control of my nerves and could calm myself down where going to school was no big deal. I don't even know why I'm freaking out about it. I don't get picked on, I get good grades, I have a good amount of friends, everythings good. But I'm so nervous about going back to school. last year after winter break I was a mess too and it became a daily thing where sometimes I would stay home because I would be way too nervous and throwing up because I was so nervous. I don't want this to be the case again this year. The new semester starts in two weeks and finals are in a week and a half. I'm not nervous about that but about going to school in general. I get so used to being at home that I never want to go back. I know I have to but my nerves get the best of me. I can't even focus when I get this way which is why I started staying home last year.

Even if I try not to think about school, I'm still jittery. I have a feeling that I've lost everything I gained over the summer. I spent the time teaching myself to be calm and now it's out the window. I'm a nervous wreck.
Does anyone have any advice on how to stay calm? Or if anyone has ever experienced this before, that'd be great. I really need tips on how to stay calm and regain control.
  Send a message via Yahoo to PureLithium  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
torr Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Torr.

Re: Losing control of my nerves - January 3rd 2010, 06:34 PM

i get really nervous of school too, but i know why i do. I just try and focus upon eveything and anything else until the day before, when i just make sure that everything is totally ready for the day (what i'll wear, my books etc) and just take deep breaths and get on with it. i tend to drink a cup of warm water to try and stop being sick. and boiled sweets to keep sugar levels up if i cant eat. maybe read an engrossing book in the night to keep your mind off it?
sorry its not much help. good luck xo

torr
  Send a message via MSN to torr  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
PureLithium Offline
Equestrian
Average Joe

Name: Alex

Re: Losing control of my nerves - January 4th 2010, 03:07 PM

The warm water helped a little bit, thanks. Turns out we had a snow day today so that worked out good and tomorrows a late day.
  Send a message via Yahoo to PureLithium  
Closed Thread