TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Disturbing/weird dreams - May 3rd 2010, 07:59 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I've always had weird dreams but these are getting to the next level :| I get lucid dreams a lot, but not completely lucid. I know I'm dreaming but I find it hard to control what I'm doing. If I want to find out if I'm dreaming I can make things in my dream move and make things bigger and smaller. Sometimes if I'm not in a heavy sleep I can only vaguely make things happen. Like if I want a certain person to be in a room they may appear but be really hazy, distorted or only vaguely there.

I also keep having dreams that involve rape :/ I don't know why. It creeps me out. Why is my mind coming up with this?

I also dreamed last night the skin on my face kept peeling off and I had loads of acne.

It has gotten to the point where I don't like sleeping :/ I also have a stupid idea in my head that I won't wake up and be stuck in a messed up dream.

:/ meh.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Disturbing/weird dreams - May 3rd 2010, 10:39 PM

I have somethin similar... one of the reasons why my sleep pattern is jaged. I wake up and find myself punching the wall or eating my pillow... or more embarassing shouting something, and im in student accomodation so everyone hears lol. These "phases" come on and off.

Sometimes for weeks on end Il have very weird and sick dreams... other times I never remember what I was dreaming about. Changes. Might vary with stress during the day, or if there's something bothering you. But I dont notice anything like that in myself. It looks completely random to me in my case.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Megan09 Offline
Singer, lover, writer
Average Joe

Name: Megan

Re: Disturbing/weird dreams - May 3rd 2010, 11:04 PM

The best thing you can do is just take 10 minutes or so just to relax and clear your mind before you go to bed. If you are stressed out and thinking too much before you fall asleep, it's going to give you strange dreams. Also, watch what you eat before you sleep. It can cause your brain to trigger, giving you more strange dreams.

Just relax Set aside 10 minutes to clear your head, then crawl into that bed!

"If music be the food of love, play on." -Shakespeare
Remember: May is skin cancer awareness month. Be smart, here are some tips to protect yourself:
Feel free to PM me, I'm here to help
TH Social Networking Team
  Send a message via AIM to Megan09  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Disturbing/weird dreams - May 4th 2010, 06:26 PM

I have things very similar to that due to the fact that I have lots of sleep disorders.
Some tips are:
-Avoid eating a couple hours before going to bed
-Sleep on your stomach
-Sleep to quiet instrumental music
-Turn off all electronic devices
-Sleep in as dark of a room as possible
-Make sure there is good air flow in your room
-Keep calm. If it is going to happen, it will happen. Freaking out only makes it worse and more likely to happen.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: Disturbing/weird dreams - May 4th 2010, 07:07 PM

Thanks everyone ^____^ I tend to eat sandwiches and chocolate before bed :/ I normally listen to Harry Potter audiobooks too which probably puts loads of weird things in my mind.

Thanks for the tips though guys

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: Disturbing/weird dreams - May 4th 2010, 08:18 PM

I have VERY strange dreams, and they usually involve people i know in wacky scenarios, especially death, drugs...etc. It's creepy but at the end of the day, i wake up and things are okay. It's just a dream, and despite what people may say...they don't really bear much significance to what's going on in our lives, they just happen!! If you're really worried, you should see your doctor and she what he/she suggests. Try the tips Kitty suggested too.

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

(#7 (permalink)) Old
wateroakgirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Disturbing/weird dreams - May 4th 2010, 09:27 PM

Try not to think about having wierd dreams before you go to bed... you normally dream about what you re thinking... so if you think about it too much you will jut keep having strange dreams.. Listen to soft music or watch tv or something else you like to do before bed... If you really can't sleep you can always take a tylenol pm... but it's better to just relax and i'm sure you will be able to fall asleep on our own.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Disturbing/weird dreams - May 6th 2010, 10:00 AM

Hey there Ceilidh,

Thanks to my medication, I have also been having extremely vivid dreams! However, luckily for me, I quite enjoy them.

I think that it's very important that you do look at things rationally, although that may hard. Your dreams may not be particularly pleasant - but thankfully for you, that's all they are. You are not going to be stuck in a messed up dream and you will wake up. Try to keep reaffirming that in your thoughts.
To try and prevent these dreams, you may find it useful to talk about them after you've had them and perhaps write down anything that's upsetting or distressing you before you try to go to sleep. Try and prevent overstimulating your brain before you sleep too.

Take care.

Closed Thread