TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

View Poll Results: Do I have Schizophrenia? O.o
Yes 0 0%
No 2 28.57%
Maybe 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
iMuse Offline
Bah! Humbug!
Average Joe

Name: Rosy

Apparently, I have Schizophrenia? Do you think I do? - June 27th 2010, 11:26 PM

I have been told that I have Schizophrenia by numerous people (not doctors), I read quite a lot about it and it's symptoms, and It seems to fit my problems word perfectly I'm assuming that since quite a few of you on here have it, you could give a better diagnosis...
Please reply, I'm desperate to find out whats wrong with me...

I've already posted this bit...:
I don't know whats wrong with me, or how to fix it... Please help me

I've been having anxiety attacks for a few days now, I always knew that someone was following me, I would start to shake and I would look around like crazy. I couldn't concentrate at all.

Then, last night, I realised something. I had been trying to put a name to this person that was following me, and then I realised who it was.

At Christmas, I was really bored at this concert, so I decided to draw. I drew a character called "Mr Fire-Escape Man". He is a haunting figure, he has a round face, three scribbled circles, two eyes and a mouth. it only has his head, and his body. His body is thick, black lines, completely straight. They fill the whole page, it's a bit like a spider web. He is a very haunting character.

A man looked at me, he stared, he couldn't take his eyes off me, thats when I knew that Mr FEM could take over bodies. I don't believe in God or spirits or demons, but he was definitely a human at times.

Last night, I realised that it was him that was following me, then it all got a whole lot worse.

At first, I was scared, as he would always threaten me, I would have to do his bidding, or else. So I did. That night it got so much worse. First, I heard him under my bed, I could hear him breathe and his stomach growl, it was definitely not me breathing, it was him. I could hear him move, then he started to posses me. He threatened me again, saying that he would "do it". He never told me what he would do. He made me see lines where there were none. I wanted to kill myself, I was so scared, I was crying so much. He would control how I moved, he controlled how I typed, it took all my might not to stop typing (I was telling Snowstorm about him)

Thats when he made a deal with me, he said that if I cut myself, he would let me turn on my light. I, of course, took up his offer, turned on my light, and started to cut the lines of his body into my legs. He then told me, that I needed a sharper weapon, and that I would get one by the end of the week, or else.

I feel his head behind mine every moment.

I tried to not obey him today, but it didn't work. I didn't obey him, and then, he showed me a preview of just what he can do.

I was walking home from the shops with my mum, and then, my mum was opening the door, and I looked down the street, I saw a girl, about 16, getting pushed, kicked, punched and having her hair pulled as she was trying to escape a man and a woman trying to get her into a car. There was nothing I could do, my mum made me come inside, a minute later, I had managed to convince her that the girl really was in danger (she wouldn't let me outside). We went outside, and the car was gone. The last thing I saw of her, was her being pushed into the car. I told the police, I did all I could, but she hasn't come back. I feel so guilty. It reminded me of when I was almost abducted and raped. I feel so bad

I can barely move anymore, I have no energy, even though I'm eating my normal amount of food. I keep collapsing on the stairs and falling over. I can't spend more than two minutes standing up or I hit the floor.

Mr FEM only comes at night, and I can feel him creeping over me.

He won't let me get therapy, he physically won't allow me, as he controls all my actions, but he does let me post it on here, because he knows that it makes me even more scared when I talk about it.

I haven't talked to any family about Mr FEM, they know that I've drawn him before, but they don't know that he controls me.

If he isn't gone in three months, I will kill myself. I can't go on living with him, its tearing me apart, I can barely type. This is taking all my energy.

That is a VERY brief description of what is going wrong, I'm also clinically depressed.

Please tell me whats wrong with me, and how to get him to go away, I'm scared of what he will to me and everyone around me. The kidnapper is still around, who is to say that he won't abduct me, my family or friends? Mr FEM is unstoppable, and I can't disobey him. He is getting more and more violent, I don't know what he will make me do tonight...

PLEASE HELP ME! I WANT HIM TO GO!

Send a message via Skype™ to iMuse 
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 416365 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Apparently, I have Schizophrenia? Do you think I do? - June 28th 2010, 12:24 AM

You can call 911, say that you are afraid you might kill yourself, and request that an ambulance be dispatched to take you to the hospital. Then you will get the therapy you need no matter what Mr. FEM makes you do. If you are sure that Mr. FEM will not make you kill yourself, so that you would be lying if you said you are afraid you might kill yourself, I think it is enough to just talk about self injury, but I am not sure.

You might want to wait for someone to comment on my suggestion before you follow it. It is sort of a big deal, and I will feel pretty terrible if you do it and then I am told that I gave you bad advice. So before you do it, I would like to see someone confirm that I am not being an idiot.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Apparently, I have Schizophrenia? Do you think I do? - June 28th 2010, 12:48 AM

i think you need to seek help for this straight away. no one here can diagnose you and i don't know whether you have schizophrenia or not. you do seem to have a lot of the 'symptoms' of it, but really.. only someone who is qualified to do so can tell you what's wrong.

i think you should tell your mum about this. either show her this post or tell her in your own way. you can go to your GP and get referred to whoever necessary. if you think you're in immediate danger of committing suicide i agree with the poster above, it's best to call an ambulance.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Apparently, I have Schizophrenia? Do you think I do? - June 28th 2010, 01:10 AM

You're 11 years old and your friends are probably around the same age, so they wouldn't know much about psychiatry in general. Other adults usually don't know much about it either because the moment you describe hallucinations and delusions as you are, people usually assume schizophrenia. The thing is, there is schizophrenia is a spectrum of disorders with similarities and ranging severities. I doubt the ones who told you that you have this are aware of schizophrenia as a spectrum.

Having schizophrenia at your age (11) is not very common because psychiatrists are hesistent to give such a label and those who have it at that age have it quite severe. The hallucinations and delusions are not the only symptoms nor criteria, there are several more that have to be met, which I don't think you looked up nor the people who "diagnosed" you.

I'm not going to attempt to give even an amateur, non-professional diagnosis because the first thing you need to do is get yourself to a hospital. Since the delusions and/or hallucinations have led you to harm yourself more than once, you need to be treated so as to not have it get more severe. It doesn't matter if we say we think you have a disorder on the schizophrenia spectrum or something else because you need to seek psychiatric and medical attention as soon as possible.

Hospitals have a crisis nurse whom you can talk to and they will help in getting you treatment at that hospital, which is much faster than going to your family doctor for a referral. If it continues to get worse, then go to the emergency for the crisis nurse with your parents.

4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
iMuse Offline
Bah! Humbug!
Average Joe

Re: Apparently, I have Schizophrenia? Do you think I do? - June 28th 2010, 04:39 PM

Thank you to everyone for replying, I think I'm going to tell my sister (15, she's an ex Bulimic and SHer) about my problems, and she might tell my parents if she thinks its really serious (which I think she will...)

I'm either going to get therapy soon, or in a few months... I hope soon, I don't know how much longer I can bear...
I've told two people at school so far, I"m not going to tell anyone else at school, but I will tell the people who started the whole "paranoia" thing, that it's partly their fault (They are horrible to me...)

Thank you everyone for the support and hugs

(#6 (permalink)) Old
iMuse Offline
Bah! Humbug!
Average Joe

Re: Apparently, I have Schizophrenia? Do you think I do? - June 28th 2010, 07:37 PM

It was going so well, I was happy, I thought I was getting better.

Now I'm at rock bottom, I'm really really thinking about running away to commit suicide.

I really want to die, I feel so empty and dead.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Apparently, I have Schizophrenia? Do you think I do? - June 28th 2010, 11:33 PM

Well, then, call an ambulance. If you feel okay at the moment, then call an ambulance anyway. Otherwise, before long, you will not feel okay, and then you might be less likely to call an ambulance.

If you really do not want to call an ambulance, you can call a suicide hotline. Does anyone know a phone number for that? Maybe you can find one by searching the internet.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Apparently, I have Schizophrenia? Do you think I do? - June 28th 2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMuse View Post
Thank you to everyone for replying, I think I'm going to tell my sister (15, she's an ex Bulimic and SHer) about my problems, and she might tell my parents if she thinks its really serious (which I think she will...)

I'm either going to get therapy soon, or in a few months... I hope soon, I don't know how much longer I can bear...
I've told two people at school so far, I"m not going to tell anyone else at school, but I will tell the people who started the whole "paranoia" thing, that it's partly their fault (They are horrible to me...)

Thank you everyone for the support and hugs
Was your sister also self-diagnosed or diagnosed by non-professionals?

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Gixxers rock Offline
should now be "VFRs rock"
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Apparently, I have Schizophrenia? Do you think I do? - June 29th 2010, 05:57 AM

Here is what I would suggest to do. It'll take a bit of courage but it may work.
The next time you *sense* this Fire Escape Man around or think he's talking to you, tell him to fuck off. I really mean this, and not in a wimpy sort of way either. Get angry at him, absolutely mad, and tell him outloud if you have to, "Screw off! You have no power over me!"

Anger is much much more empowering than fear (in all of life's sittuations). If you can find the courage to get angry at him, then this idea of a man following you will have no power over you.

Well, good luck!

I am the Stig's brother in law.

Race me on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue! My nickname is patrakoffman-64

Closed Thread