TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

imaginary people - July 8th 2010, 05:07 AM

in 7th grade, there were two two week periods when I was quarantined in my basement because I was sick, and I talked to myself and kept imagining people (my crush, random dogs, my old friends, etc.) Anyway, I still talk to myself and I see people sometimes. Am I crazy? Sorry If that word is offensive, Im a little drunk right now. (but just a tiny bit, like not even a buzz, so please dont criticize me.)

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Re: imaginary people - July 8th 2010, 06:30 AM

nah man it's cool im a very paranoid person so i imagine alot of things sometimes, like animals that arnt there, but i also believe in animal spirit guides so its in a way a "religion" but not really, i used to see ghosts too cuz i live like right beside a cemetary and when im hope alone and theres no radios or tvs on i hear voice NOT IN MY HEAD but no ones there, im not schizophrenic either so i get really creeped out but i just see it as spirits that havent moved on to the spirit world and i dont believe that these spirits are here to do harm so i dont think your crazy

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: imaginary people - July 8th 2010, 07:27 AM

Well, it is kinda weird to see people that are not there perhaps you should get evaluated by a psychiatrist.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Silverseven Offline
Average Joe

Re: imaginary people - July 9th 2010, 06:04 AM

Well when ur on the brink of going "crazy" , i would'nt be suprised if mentally anything happened or was imagined by an individual. And remember there are other people like me who think they are insane too. Ur not alone in this cruel world...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Re: imaginary people - July 9th 2010, 11:12 PM

if you think your going crazy your not

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Twinge Offline
Forever we'll just lay here
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Vint Fall

Re: imaginary people - July 9th 2010, 11:21 PM

not gonna criticize. i do the same thing. just its like a guardian angel. i used to have imaginary friends like EVERY SINGLE KID/TEEN has one. it shows that you feel lonely at times. or just want to fantasize and be creative. its a good thing. just do not do in front of everyone,just when your alone and sure of it. others do it like that so you wouldn't notice. people are meant to talk to themselves all the time if theres not someone to talk to.

conclusion:IT IS normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexico View Post
Well, it is kinda weird to see people that are not there perhaps you should get evaluated by a psychiatrist.
well if its this above,i totally agree but you might want to talk to a parent/trusted adult about it.
though you said you imagine by yourself if you want to,not see/hallucinate. you make sure which of those are yours...

I moved back while
my head was turned.

Upside down
closer to the end.

Afraid of the dark
within future times.

I'm drowning there,
my final chase.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Alrex Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: imaginary people - July 11th 2010, 11:07 AM

I do it all the time, but I'm also trapped in a very small room at work for 8 hours a day having no contact with anyone from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Le Papillon Offline
a secret you can keep
I can't get enough

Name: Samuel

Re: imaginary people - July 11th 2010, 05:10 PM

im like that all the time. i talk mor to myselft then i talk to people. and i see imaginary people all the time. its not a biggie. only if its really bugging you, or your worried. if you are, than you should talk to someone. if you feel like its alright, and that its not a big deal or anything, then do what you feel like doing. if you want to tell an aldult, go for it.

formerly snowstorm, GoneBeyondRepair, and Breathless in Love
Repose en Paix, Grandad/mom H., Sito, Nay, Mary, Aunt S., Peter, Katie, Lexi, Mrs. Radoye, Mandii, Trevor, Megan, Uncle T., Erika, Aunt R., Braxton, Connie, Adam, Grandpa, Buttons ♥
The world will bleed its bloody tale. People will throw their stones. But the one thing you must always remember is:
You no longer walk alone.
-Blake Bliss

(#9 (permalink)) Old
annalibelle Offline
Jane Doe
Not a n00b

Name: Annabelle

Re: imaginary people - July 12th 2010, 06:43 PM

Not to be a killjoy but if these imaginary people are getting in the way of your every day life, then you might need to see someone. I agree that right now it's harmless, but...

"Every mushroom cloud has a silver lining"- Owl City

Closed Thread