TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Teddy Bear Offline
Soft and loveable! :3
Average Joe

Name: Ian

Angry Can't control my frustration. - July 10th 2010, 10:59 PM

I can't help it. I'm so frustrated that no girl is noticing me at school. The only way I can manage it is by directing it at Taylor Lautner and the athletes at school. I have to talk to the girls first if I want any communication with them, and they reply with nothing more than a simple hello. I know they're busy, but no girl is ever excited to see me. I've given up on finding a girlfriend, but I'm still suffering. I know I'm much tougher than them, but it's because I'm fat that girls ignore me. And if I do work out and build some more muscle, that's all they'd like me for. They'd never be excited to see me because of how I treat them. Every girl near me either wants sexy, or rebellious, which I'm neither of. My frustration is getting the better of me, and I don't know how long I can resist going beserk and thrashing every athlete and thug in sight.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Teddy Bear 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Associate Live Help Operator
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Angelica

Smile Re: Can't control my frustration. - July 12th 2010, 05:04 AM

Hey Ian.
I can tell you by the sounds of it, your doing nothing wrong. A true good girl would love to meet someone like you. I know i would. Someone who is not rebellious, not sexy, and has a good head on them. Someone who actually cares. Thats something to be proud of. because, Sadly its not too often now aday's. So, hang in there. Continue to be nice to the girls, and mabye even nice to some of the guys. If they see that your nice,who knows what could happen. As far as your anger goes, i would try writing about it on paper, talking to a friend or a trusted adult about it. I think you just need someone to talk to, that's all. Hope i helped, and if you ever need anything...feel free to message me!

Angel22

Formerly jelli1224

Trusting is not a mistake, but it is important to realize that things change. ~ Kmn483<3Bliz

Please feel free to PM me. I love to help others, and can be an ear to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, or a face to scream at. <3

Help LINK Mentor - March 19th 2011 to April 16th 2011

Live Help Operator - February 18th 2012 to June 4th, 2012

Associate Live Help Operator - August 13th 2012 <3

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
annalibelle Offline
Jane Doe
Not a n00b

Name: Annabelle

Re: Can't control my frustration. - July 12th 2010, 06:07 PM

These girls at your school sound like some people I know. I don't think any of it is your fault.
Does every single girl treat you like this? Have you talked to every single girl in your school? I'm a girl, and I don't act like that, so maybe some girls in your school aren't like that. Guys tend to make broad generalizations some times. (although if you have talked to every single girl, than, I totally take all this back...) Maybe you could join a club that interrested you, and talk to the girls there. If you two have similar interrests, she'd talk to you about that subject, rather than just "hello"

"Every mushroom cloud has a silver lining"- Owl City

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Teddy Bear Offline
Average Joe

Re: Can't control my frustration. - July 12th 2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalibelle View Post
These girls at your school sound like some people I know. I don't think any of it is your fault.
Does every single girl treat you like this? Have you talked to every single girl in your school? I'm a girl, and I don't act like that, so maybe some girls in your school aren't like that. Guys tend to make broad generalizations some times. (although if you have talked to every single girl, than, I totally take all this back...) Maybe you could join a club that interrested you, and talk to the girls there. If you two have similar interrests, she'd talk to you about that subject, rather than just "hello"
Well, you have a point. I kinda am making a broad generalization about this. There are a couple of nice girls that notice me. There's one that actually talks to me. It's just that, I kinda like her, but she's too cute to give me a chance. She's really sweet, but I'm afraid that if I ask her out and she says no, then that's it for having contact with her.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Can't control my frustration. - July 13th 2010, 12:09 AM

To be honest I think you're letting this bother you way too much. I know that sometimes it can seem like girls and friends are the most important things in the world, but they really aren't. Just because you don't have a girlfriend doesn't mean you can't be happy or confident in yourself. I don't think your problem is finding a girlfriend at all, I think it's learning to be happy, even when you're single. Instead of waking up every morning in an angry mood because you don't have a girlfriend, learn to be happy with the things you DO have in life instead. That way you're perfectly capable of being happy regardless of your relationship status. I am fifteen, and I've never had a boyfriend, sometimes I think that makes me a freak, but most of the time I'm perfectly fine with it. I know one day I'll find someone who wants to be with me, and I'm not going to waste my time worrying about it. Besides, I think that relationships come along when you're least expecting them. When every day your biggest worry is the fact that you're not in a relationship, then the chances of you finding one are slimmer. If you learn to be happy regardless of your relationship status, then there's more of a possibility of one coming along.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#6 (permalink)) Old
EightEleven91 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dan

Re: Can't control my frustration. - July 13th 2010, 12:14 AM

Right said, you are letting it all bother you way too much.
Girls will notice how much of a good person you are..
You say yourself that you arent 'sexy'. Well, let me tell you now, a girl will much rather you, who cares for them, loves them, kind and truthful, over someone 'sexy' who thinks about themself more than the girl they are with!
Dont worry, you are only 14.. By the time you are say, 18, thinks will have changed, I can assure you, if you're the nice guy you say you are, which I have no reason to doubt.. Then you WILL be fine!!

I speak my mind on situations.
I am sorry if you dont like it.
I am happy if you can take it.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Teddy Bear Offline
Average Joe

Re: Can't control my frustration. - July 13th 2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
Besides, I think that relationships come along when you're least expecting them. When every day your biggest worry is the fact that you're not in a relationship, then the chances of you finding one are slimmer. If you learn to be happy regardless of your relationship status, then there's more of a possibility of one coming along.
Don't think I haven't tried. I just can't bring myself to believe that. How can I be open to a relationship without looking for one? Plus, it's not about enjoying what I DO have, I'm just lonely because I have no one to share it with.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: Can't control my frustration. - July 13th 2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Gentleman View Post
Don't think I haven't tried. I just can't bring myself to believe that. How can I be open to a relationship without looking for one? Plus, it's not about enjoying what I DO have, I'm just lonely because I have no one to share it with.
I understand what she means. Basically, if you are desperately trying to get with every and any girl around because you really want to be in a relationship then you give off the wrong vibe and don't tend to get anywhere. On the other hand, if you just sit back, be happy with yourself and confident with what you are doing alone then you tend to attract people (and the right type of person). Trust me

PM // VM

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Teddy Bear Offline
Average Joe

Re: Can't control my frustration. - July 13th 2010, 09:19 PM

Well, what should I do instead? Being with my friends isn't exactly easy because they don't live in my neighborhood. And nobody likes Pokemon as much as I do. So, what should I persue until then besides good grades?
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
annalibelle Offline
Jane Doe
Not a n00b

Name: Annabelle

Re: Can't control my frustration. - July 14th 2010, 12:31 AM

ha, you should see my friends, everyone is a pokemon nut execpt for me cause i'm square like that. But if your school friends don't share your interrests, maybe talk to people online, here or other wise. pokemon's pretty popular so i bet there's loads of people who like it. You should try other things, even randomly, to see if you like it. Diff. sports or music or games. join a random club at school. And if you're serrious, ask that girl out, but say some thing like "if this doesn't work out, i still want to be friends" first.

"Every mushroom cloud has a silver lining"- Owl City

Closed Thread