TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

I don't like women. - September 20th 2010, 06:04 PM

I've come to the conclusion, I don't like women an awful lot :/ I hate having a woman doctor for some reason also. This is why I've never wanted to change my GP even though he's quite useless, I don't want a woman doctor.

I find it awkward to talk to women about personal problems :/ I'm okay with girls my age, I just don't like talking to women.

I never really noticed this until my sister mentioned she hates having women doctors. I'm the same.

Does anyone else feel the same?

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: I don't like women. - September 20th 2010, 08:37 PM

I've never thought about it too much, having the same doctor my whole life. But I can see how talking to women about personal issues can be awkward. Then again, having a man check your hoo-haw could be more awkward, IMO.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: I don't like women. - September 20th 2010, 08:49 PM

I'd actually find a male doctor doing that less awkward somehow Now I'm thinking of it I've never liked women teachers too much either :/

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: I don't like women. - September 20th 2010, 09:06 PM

Hahaha, I preferred most of my male teachers over female teachers. Maybe the whole thing is because males are typically more laid-back, whereas females are uptight and bitchy?

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#5 (permalink)) Old
LittleFish Offline
Face-eating Alien
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Se-Se

Re: I don't like women. - September 20th 2010, 10:22 PM

I know how you feel, and I'm pretty much the same way. It's like Jul said, women are generally more uptight. When you have a problem, men usually give you a chance to explain the issue before they jump to finding a solution. And they get that sometimes, people just need to vent. While with women, I've noticed, every problem is one that needs to be solved as soon as possible. And while someone might think that they're asking for help, what they're really asking for is someone to listen to them. I kind of sidetracked a bit, but you get the point. You're definitely not alone with this opinion.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: I don't like women. - September 23rd 2010, 02:09 PM

Good good I thought it may have been an irrational annoyance of mine.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: I don't like women. - September 23rd 2010, 11:30 PM

I'm the opposite really. I get really uncomfortable around older men. Like, 'grown ups' rather than people my age-ish. I just don't like being around them, and conversing with them, for me, is really uncomfortable and unsettling. I don't like male doctors, I would never speak to them about anything personal, and just being around friends fathers and stuff like that. I don't like it. Is that weird?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Ellie Offline
Oh mai.
I've been here a while

Re: I don't like women. - September 24th 2010, 09:33 AM

I much prefer speaking to a male about personal problems. I feel more comfortable around men in that sense. My doctor is a male and I've been able to speak to him about a lot of really personal things before. As for teachers I'm not too sure...I didn't really like any of my teachers xD

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Alrex Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: I don't like women. - September 24th 2010, 12:43 PM

I think men are usually more laid back, and don't have intense emotions females share.

I noticed this too as I prefered having a male teacher instead of a female. Unless it was a hot ex pro football cheerleader/model english teacher I had ;P

(#10 (permalink)) Old
katniss Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sarah

Re: I don't like women. - September 24th 2010, 04:37 PM

I'm the same, Tayla. I will only see female therapists, doctors, etc. I find that I can't really open up and really talk to a man. I just get uncomfortable, whereas with a woman I feel safe.

I may not have all the answers, but I'm a really good listener. PM me anytime, I'm always looking to meet people!

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Re: I don't like women. - September 24th 2010, 05:25 PM

I generally get along better with guys. I always preferred male teachers and my GP is a male. I always see him even though it takes weeks to get an appointment because I feel most comfortable talking to him. When I went to hospital earlier this year I even preferred the male paramedic to the female one. I'd rather ask a male for directions or help when I'm out as well.
So yup, got this. No idea why though, I'm just more comfortable talking to men. Although to be honest this is the same in people my age as well, I feel more comfortable around most of male friends than female ones.

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Re: I don't like women. - September 24th 2010, 05:26 PM

I generally get along better with guys. I always preferred male teachers and my GP is a male. I always see him even though it takes weeks to get an appointment because I feel most comfortable talking to him. When I went to hospital earlier this year I even preferred the male paramedic to the female one. I'd rather ask a male for directions or help when I'm out as well.
So yup, got this. No idea why though, I'm just more comfortable talking to men. Although to be honest this is the same in people my age as well, I feel more comfortable around most of my male friends than female ones

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/

(#13 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: I don't like women. - September 24th 2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFish View Post
When you have a problem, men usually give you a chance to explain the issue before they jump to finding a solution. And they get that sometimes, people just need to vent. While with women, I've noticed, every problem is one that needs to be solved as soon as possible.
Have to admit, I've noticed that myself too. Of course there are exceptions, but I've found talking to male professionals is always far easier. Men have no problem in sitting down, making sure you're relaxed and taking things slowly and having a chat as an equal about what's wrong. No pressure and you feel like you're on the same page.

Where as some women seem to look at it a little too seriously as a problem that must be solved, sometimes being a little unsympathetic and "professional" in order to motivate you to get definite results. With women you subconsciously feel obliged to fix your issue.

Currently inactive...
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Verità Offline
Formerly KeeperOfMysteries
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Re: I don't like women. - October 3rd 2010, 03:09 AM

Like a couple others have said, I'm not particularly fond of men. I'm a lot more comfortable talking to women about women problems cause I feel like they would understand, if that makes sense. Guys just make me feel awkward though.

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the [mome raths] outgrabe.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: I don't like women. - October 3rd 2010, 06:11 AM

With teachers, it's hard to say because many of my teachers were females, even for some science courses. Some of them were good but I found that every single male teacher was more knowledgable. In university, I like female and male professors pretty much evenly and dislike a few evenly.

For doctors though, I've found that I seem to prefer male doctors more because they are more laid back, seem to be better at handling times when it's stressful than females (i.e. father was recently in the hospital for something quite serious and the female doctors were very edgy while the male ones would be more willing to discuss with my mother and I) and seem to be better at doing tests/examining while listening. Female doctors seem to generally want to solve the issue ASAP which is good but they often seem less willing to explain things, which makes things pretty difficult.

In general, I find there's two different feelings to approaching the person, either a male or female one but I'm fine with both. As always, there are individual exceptions where I may not like the person or the person makes it feel like the approach should be for the other sex. For talking about problems, it's about 40% females, 60% males in terms of how comfortable it seems. May vary though on the actual problem. I have found though that many females and males are both willing to talk to me about their stuff also.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Closed Thread